Canada and the 2024 Copa America

VinceA

1 hour ago, Shway said:

As long as he’s active, I think he’ll play for Argentina, especially with the weight off his shoulder now he’s gets to play for fun.

I think he's also eyeing Ronaldo's record and wouldn't mind beating that. To further piss off his fans on social media of course, not for any actually sporting reason!

2 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I think he's also eyeing Ronaldo's record and wouldn't mind beating that. To further piss off his fans on social media of course, not for any actually sporting reason!

That is one record that is out of reach for him. 
He doesn't have the liberty of playing Luxemborg and Lithuania..  

1 hour ago, Shway said:

As long as he’s active, I think he’ll play for Argentina, especially with the weight off his shoulder now he’s gets to play for fun.

I'm also looking at Pot 1 will likely be Argentina, Brazil, USA, Mexico. If they do not allow us to get drawn in to a group with a Concacaf team. Then do the math.. would be amazing 

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

Crazy to think that he'll be 10 months younger for the '24 Copa than Ronaldo is for this World Cup. 

For Copa America if we had to do it by host cities for both USA and Canada then I would go 7 host cities: USA gets 4 cities, Canada gets 3 cities

The following cities

- New York/New Jersey (MetLife Stadium)

- Los Angeles (SoFi Stadium)

- Houston (NRG Stadium)

- Miami (Hard Rock Stadium)

- Toronto (BMO Field)

- Vancouver (BC Place)

- Edmonton (Commonwealth Stadium)

3 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

For Copa America if we had to do it by host cities for both USA and Canada then I would go 7 host cities: USA gets 4 cities, Canada gets 3 cities

The following cities

- Houston (NRG Stadium)

- Toronto (BMO Field)

- Vancouver (BC Place)

This might force BC place to transition to grass sooner. Don't know if Edmonton would switch. I dont think they get any games with a turf stadium. No way top Conambol teams agree to playing there.

9 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

The following cities

- Houston (NRG Stadium)

- Toronto (BMO Field)

- Vancouver (BC Place)

Lol, we'd be lucky to get 2 - let alone 3

15 minutes ago, Ansem said:

No doubt the CSA has the same mindset, that's exactly why we'll only get scraps

Sure.  Or the CSA could go hard bargain and walk away with nothing when the USSF calls their bluff and they remember we aren’t needed for them to host. 
I’d like more games too but since I was expecting this to be exclusively in the states, I won’t be upset if we get a set of group phase matches.

Just now, maccaliam said:

Sure.  Or the CSA could go hard bargain and walk away with nothing when the USSF calls their bluff and they remember we aren’t needed for them to host. 
I’d like more games too but since I was expecting this to be exclusively in the states, I won’t be upset if we get a set of group phase matches.

Not arguing, just telling how it is - we're getting scraps

We have one decent football stadium(size and grass field.). That stadium is BMO.  Its fucking pathetic. COPA is not going to play in 15 to 20k or plastic stadiums. 

The fact that we are in talks of getting any games 1.5 years from now is a miracle. Grass conversion is stupid expensive and complicated. These are not CONCACAF minnows coming to play. These are world class teams or teams that have stars on them. 

If we had actually football stadiums id be pissed but we got one. Im just happy that I might be able to take my kids to a game against goot competition. 

Edited by Vasi

3 minutes ago, Vasi said:

Guys we have one decent football stadium(size and grass field.). That stadium is BMO.  Its fucking pathetic. COPA is not going to play in 15 to 20k or plastic stadiums. 

The fact that we are in talks of getting any games 1.5 years from now is a miracle. Grass conversion is stupid expensive and complicated. These are not CONCACAF minnows coming to play. These are world class teams or teams that have stars on them. 

If we had actually football stadiums id be pissed but we got one.

Had we had the stadiums, wouldn't make a difference. The Mexicans aren't even invited and they are getting the same amount of World Cup games as we do and they have stadiums.

Don't mind me, I'm at a point where I'm just laughing at the whole thing

2 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

So you are saying we shouldn’t host any then right ?

Was just giving an opinion, sorry for derailing it.

Yes we should host but I know we aren't going to build on it to do something bold in the future on our own.

So voilà 

Edited by Ansem

40 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Had we had the stadiums, wouldn't make a difference. The Mexicans aren't even invited and they are getting the same amount of World Cup games as we do and they have stadiums.

Don't mind me, I'm at a point where I'm just laughing at the whole thing

Hosting and participating are two very different things.  You can take it to the bank they'll be there playing to packed stadiums in the US.