Malcolm Johnston

phresh

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

And Malcolm Johnston continues to be puzzled by the ongoing deterioration of his thread…

The point is, or at least how I see it: Alistair does not look cool or in fact a lot like a standard, physically tough athlete. I would even say he may have been discriminated for this, he does look a bit nerdy even, and then he is wide-eyed and articulate. 

All of which may have made some coaches and scouts think he can't play, when he's a tough sob, which is a nice contradiction I find, he does not look scary at all but then is really gutsy.

His brother looks a lot more preppy, as a lot of those NCAA picks do, clean cut and cute and frankly a turn-off. I personally hate the NCAA stuff. See if Malcolm can overcome the drawback of his fresh, clean Johnston looks and find a pro path like his brother.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

17 hours ago, VinceA said:

A lot of people think he looks like Pete Davidson so I'm sure there's a segment of people who would go wild for AJ. He does have a girlfriend so there's at least one person who likes what they see lmao.

A Celtic forum had a description of AJ that I can't get out of my head. "Looks like a cross between Tilda Swinton and Steve Buscemi". 

19 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

And Malcolm Johnston continues to be puzzled by the ongoing deterioration of his thread…

Malcolm has better things to do than read envious musings from couch potatoes. (I include myself of course)

He's preparing for 2026.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Northern Futbol saying he most likely signs in Canada. Seems like all the bro hype was just Alistair being nice.

Usually the younger bros are better.
But I’m not mad…I rather these guys sign in the CPL than USL or MLSNP. 

The CPL will get better as a result of these players ……and the CSB 🤭

FWIW, it appears that only Moise Bombito is the only drafted Canadian from this year that likely break an opening day roster.  Undrafted Charles Auguste also appears to be making the roster for Houston Dynamo although someone on Wikipedia has recently changed his nationality to Haitian.  Also, undrafted Kyle Hiebert with St. Louis is the other that appears to be making the opening day roster as well.

Edited by Corazon