CMNT supporters getting all expenses paid trips to Qatar?

Razcal

2 minutes ago, Blue and White Army said:

One would assume Qatar is a business trip. If you''re in a high-profile job and your personal account isn't locked, tread lightly.

I'm not sure I understand. It is locked. The poster I was responding to initially has some sort of obsession with this Instagram account. I think this outrage is better directed at many of the actual faults in CSA management and communication.

Edited by jonovision

On 11/27/2022 at 8:29 PM, dyslexic nam said:

Insofar as the article confirms you are supposed to say only nice things about Qatar and to “report any offensive, degrading or abusive comments” by your fellow fans, I am not sure I draw the same conclusion - especially given the high level of secrecy coming from both the program itself and apparently those who are participating.  If the program is so benign it seems like transparency would be fairly simple.  

feel free to list any and all other efforts you've been involved in to target the wrongs of the Qatar World Cup beyond shaming these fans, which to me rates a 0.5 out of 10 on the scale of importance, or impact.

Edited by eramosat

6 hours ago, eramosat said:

feel free to list any and all other efforts you've been involved in to target the wrongs of the Qatar World Cup beyond shaming these fans, which to me rates a 0.5 out of 10 on the scale of importance, or impact.

I never claimed to be some social  justice advocate when it comes to Qatar.  I am not boycotting the WC.   I don’t even think there is a lot of value in the symbolic gestures that some are either doing or hoping to do.  

And I am not really trying to shame them.  I am actually not that emotionally invested I the issue.  I just didn’t conclude (like you) that an article confirming there is a secretive program where participants are contractually obligated to rat out any of their fellow fans who are critical of Qatar makes them innocent of criticism.   This is a sketchy program that participants seem really hesitant to disclose info about and which involves them reporting their fellow fans. That seems a bit shitty to me.  If you love it, then have it.  

On 11/21/2022 at 11:07 PM, Ally McCoist said:

Thomas Nef is being incredibly suspicious. It sounds like he's been paid by Qatar along with Lee Kormish. I'm not a fan of this at all.

All those people should be incredibly ashamed and deserve all the dirt that is thrown their way. There is absolutely no way around it, it's literally that black and white.

Both Nef and this Kormish guy seem like first class morons who love their own faces a bit too much. 😄 It would be almost comical if it wasn't so sad. The social media accounts of both guys are some of the most cringeworthy things I've seen in a while.

"Gianni Infantino delivered a powerful speech." Can't make this s**t up. Absolute fools.

I don't feel much sympathy, but I can to some extent understand people flying over to support Canada. I think it's a stupid and irresponsible thing to do since this farce has nothing to do with the beautiful game, and these people contribute to the decline of whatever dignity is left in top world soccer, but I can see why it's tempting. But to accept money to act as a jester for a tyrannical, murdering, homophobic and inhumane regime and the clowns of FIFA is like selling your own mother to the highest bidder, while you keep claiming to love her. Zero sympathy.

Edited by Kimpero