Stock Burger Meet Up Pre-Order 27 November

STOCK BURGER UPDATE 27 NOVEMBER 

As we have a very large group on 27 November (over 100), the bar has asked to preorder our food for that day.  Please fill in from the menu the food you want to order by cob Qatar time on 22 NOVEMBER so we can provide to the restaurant the following day. I provided the drinks menu as well but just for reference. 

And sorry, we cannot add anymore people as they also have a group of 75 Spanish fans on that day so we are already slightly over capacity. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CMugkVYDiBRTZ5mDSgfUIhyRXJT_fhVUIYHJ0OR_qrI/edit?usp=sharing

There is no need to preorder for 23 November or 1 December meet ups

BCD92B8F-B5A2-4117-8704-A81800C719C8.thumb.jpeg.e26f0bb0794a00da937b49c258a882e7.jpeg

38755DBB-9030-48A4-AA93-8FFB9D744C06.thumb.jpeg.48649d790a3964dc7627d50cbfe543e4.jpeg

On 11/24/2022 at 7:52 PM, BearcatSA said:

So, what's the grub like?

I’d say that its a serious adaptation for anyone from North America.   If you eat at the local neighbouring eating places where food is traditional middle eastern,  Indian or Turkish food,  then its decent to good.  It helps that i am somewhat familiar with these foods by having eaten this cuisine in Canada. 

if you try to eat at a place that serves the kind of grub that we would be accustomed to,  then i would describe it as poor to even awful.  It’s a challenge getting groceries when the brands are totally unfamiliar to you as a North American.  You don't know exactly what you getting when you buy things like Juices or milk.  There are different types of juices and you even run into problems knowing what milk to buy.

The food at the stadiums is really poor.  There is also very limited selections.  Stadium hot dog was the worst i ever had and there is almost nothing else to order.  

Edited by Free kick

11 minutes ago, Free kick said:

I’d say that its a serious adaptation for anyone from North America.   If you eat at the local neighbouring eating places where food traditional middle eastern,  Indian or Turkish food,  then its decent to good.  It helps that i am somewhat familiar with these foods by having eaten this cuisine in Canada. 

if you try to eat at a place that serves the kind of grub that we would be accustomed to,  then i would describe it as poor to even awful.  Big challenge is getting groceries when the brands are totally unfamiliar to you as a North American.  You don't know exactly what you getting when you buy things like Juices or milk.  There are different types of juices and you even run into problems knowing what milk to buy.

The food at the stadiums is really poor.  There is also very limited selections.  Stadium hot dog was the worst i ever had and there is almost nothing else to order.  

I’m with you here.  The fatayer I had at the stadium was edible and that was it.  The food at the Souq Waqif and the other local joints are good to unbelievable.  I even had an excellent (expensive) Moroccan breakfast in Mshereib.  

If anyone wants decent North American food, you’ll have to go to a large mall like the ones next to the Khalifa Int’l Stadium or Ahmad Bin Ali (Mall of Qatar).  In fact, the Mall of Qatar is open til 2 am during the WC and the choices are vast.

Thanks. I will keep that mind.  By the way,  i mentioned how awefull that hot dog was at stadium yesterday.  Well,  when it comes to awefull, i experienced another first.  I had worst burger i ever had in my life.  And it was at the Canada House event.  

I am not comfortable complaining but trust me, i am not a picky eater. Especially when it comes to Hamburgers.  I took just one bite out of that burger and didnt bother with the rest.  Everything from the hard-as-rock bun, to the meat and even the gross looking dressing,   It was that bad.  It looked like the entire burger was fully prepared 1-2 weeks ago and pulled out and re heated as is.  Actually, i dont even think it was heated.  I didnt know it was possible to prepare a hamburger that badly even if you tried.  

Edited by Free kick

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

I’m with you here.  The fatayer I had at the stadium was edible and that was it.  The food at the Souq Waqif and the other local joints are good to unbelievable.  I even had an excellent (expensive) Moroccan breakfast in Mshereib.  

If anyone wants decent North American food, you’ll have to go to a large mall like the ones next to the Khalifa Int’l Stadium or Ahmad Bin Ali (Mall of Qatar).  In fact, the Mall of Qatar is open til 2 am during the WC and the choices are vast.

I have not been able to find a breakfast place at all, anywhere.   I spotted a tim hortons at the Al Mansoura metro station (The first commercial sign of Canada that i saw anywhere) and then i went back the next day but i found out that they dont have the breakfast sandwiches.  They only serve the doughnuts and coffee.  The guy told me that there Is another one a few stations further up that does offer them.  There was no seating area in the loaction i was at and the coffee was ok but not the same one we are accustomed to. 

1 hour ago, Free kick said:

Thanks. I will keep that mind.  By the way,  i mentioned how awefull that hot dog was at stadium yesterday.  Well,  when it comes to awefull, i experienced another first.  I had worst burger i ever had in my life.  And it was at the Canada House event.  

I am not comfortable complaining but trust me, i am not a picky eater. Especially when it comes to Hamburgers.  I took just one bite out of that burger and didnt bother with the rest.  Everything from the hard-as-rock bun, to the meat and even the gross looking dressing,   It was that bad.  It looked like the entire burger was fully prepared 1-2 weeks ago and pulled out and re heated as is.  Actually, i dont even think it was heated.  I didnt know it was possible to prepare a hamburger that badly even if you tried.  

I stick with the chicken nuggets at Canada House.  They are hard to screw up.  But I’ve heard negative comments about the hamburgers and hot dogs at CSH, especially that mayonnaise they put on top of the hot dog.  I might say something to my contacts at Canada Soccer to pass onto the Hilton.  I’d go to Shake Shack for burgers.  🙂

I see that @Bison44 got a good laugh about my story about the burger.  But he doesn’t know how much we paid to attend that event.   Better not mention because He might hurt himself laughing.  😀

Dont get me wrong,  the event was great for meeting people i hadn’t seen in a while.  But as far as far food.   Well i better stop here.  

Edited by Free kick