Club Benefits Programmes: Payouts for Qatar

Been looking at this question, as it will have an effect on current and recent club affiliations. It is described as a compensation for player development to the clubs. It is not related to possible payouts in case of injury to a player during a FIFA window.

As the Qatar page still has the 2018 pdf in detail, we'll need to look for further information, but this is what we have.

In principle, the club is paid 10,000 US per day and player. This begins from first official release day, which I believe is today, Monday 14th. While I first thought the minimum was 140,000, calculating until Dec 1 gives us 18 days, 180,000. Perhaps the 140,000 is the minimum, two weeks call-up regardless of when your country plays its last match.

The sum is paid whether the player plays or not.

A new scheme allows clubs to officially request the benefits online: you apply for any player that would have been registered with you.

In 2018, the deal was that any club the player had been registered with in the previous two years could be compensated. This seems then to include loan arrangments, meaning TFC could benefit for Laryea, or Panetilikos for Cornelius. For Adekugbe, Valerenga and Hatayspor, but not Whitecaps. Besiktas would receive something for Larin. It also suggests that Valour would not receive compensation for Pantemis, as his loan ended in Septemberr 2020 if I'm not mistaken. Same with Waterman and Cavalry.

I have not seen the layout for 2022, but for example, in 2018 if a player had just played for a club from January to July 2018, that club was eligible to receive 1/3 of the sum. This means that the 10,000 player/day was the maximum, and would be distributed between clubs the player had been registered with the previous 2 years. The scheme on that document refers to splitting into thirds, calculated by signing periods.

A few clubs, or press related to them, have mentioned this question of compensation, such as St. Johnstone for Wotherspoon.

With CF Montreal having the most players (6), and us playing at least until 1 December, they are close to making one million, considering the Johnston benefits would go partially to Nashville. TFC has lost the Henry benefits, the Laryea are shared with Nottingham Forest, Kaye's are shared with Colorado. 

The maximum payout is 370,000 US if a player makes it to the final.

I wasn't aware that that were payouts to clubs whose players are going to the world cup.    This is something new to me.  Makes me thinks of those NT's (like from some of the bigger European countries) that have pretty much their whole squad from 1-3 clubs.  And that end up going deep into the knockout stages

I wonder who pays the insurance costs.     I thought it was FA's but is that still the case with WC?  

Edited by Free kick

55 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Thanks. As I said, I found a recent article on this on the Fifa site, and the accompanying full rules, in pdf, was from 2018. So I'd like to find the official doc for 2022.

This is the 2018 pdf, you'll see it is more specific

https://digitalhub.fifa.com/m/63651247df9b8ba2/original/bxkl7wgkjygv0ar7scko-pdf.pdf

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

11 hours ago, Free kick said:

I wasn't aware that that were payouts to clubs whose players are going to the world cup.    This is something new to me.  Makes me thinks of those NT's (like from some of the bigger European countries) that have pretty much their whole squad from 1-3 clubs.  And that end up going deep into the knockout stages

I wonder who pays the insurance costs.     I thought it was FA's but is that still the case with WC?  

FIFA will comp clubs if a player gets injured during the World Cup as part of the Club Protection Programme (CPP). 

Injury can't be on an existing injured body part, first 28 days aren't paid, max payment period is 365 days and max payable is 7.5 million euros per injury.

https://www.ecaeurope.com/about-eca/main-achievements/club-protection-programme/

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, spitfire said:

I like how they say Barça flopped when every English team except City was far lower.

English players "flopped", Spanish too, Germans and Italians far earlier. The four big European football nations didn't produce.