CF Montreal - 2023 Season Thread

Big_M

16 hours ago, masster said:

Very poor turn of events! A little brawl, and then you turn around and punish a whole slew of people who had nothing to do with it. On such short notice when travel is involved as well?

Unfortunately it takes moves like this to put people back in place.  Stuff like this pushes good supporters to stand in the way and police their own bad supporters.  Shit like last night should not be happening.  I don't care if it was 5 guys, even 2 is too much.  Zero tolerance.  Now people know where the line is drawn.

Besides, not even sure this was meant to punish the fans so much.  Perhaps more of a nod to TFC management about how to deal with shit in general.  

Edited by costarg

Anyone here concerned and disappointed with the back-line?  They've been pretty awful.  The team could be so much better if the CB's improved even a little.  I feel opposing teams have figured out how to pressure and put Camacho & Waterman in bad situations. 

I feel I would have preferred gambling on a Yao and Ferdinand combination for a year.  Roll the dice and hope for they develop well.  Still better than playing a combination we know isn't up to par. 

Campbell looked pretty bad last game, but "should" be promising if reports are accurate and things work out.

9 hours ago, kacbru said:

Careful, next thing you know you'll be making claims about how many are paid vs. freebies. 

If the blindingly obvious can be pointed out about the issues MLS has with attendance where the New York Red Bulls are concerned (the Chicago Fire and Houston Dynamo are similar), why is it not possible to do something similar on here in a CanPL context when similar blindingly obvious issues are happening with certain clubs without a barrage of emotionally overwrought posts and people trying to pretend that the announced attendance numbers actually mean something beyond PR spin?

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

• 2 weeks later...