Vancouver FC - 2023 Season Thread

Big_M

6 hours ago, nolando said:

I think these look sharp, personally. And I have low expectations for this team. I think for year one, it would be realistic to be competitive most matchdays but definitely near the bottom of the table.

Screenshot_20230325_223720_Instagram.jpg

As an outsider looking in this team looks good. I think they’ll do well but every team in this league could make an argument for that as well. Vancouver just seems to have some top end guys. Also really rate Bitar and want to see what he can do with someone like Sandoval. 

5 hours ago, RJB said:

As feared, black and grey as the main kit. The change strip at least has a splash of colour and is much more pleasing. 

Agreed. The red and black is quite sharp. The back and grey is dull and uninspiring. In addition, the black and grey will be very hot in the summer. I wonder about pricing.  VFC should introduce them cheaply so as to attract new fans and publicity.

7 hours ago, Stoppage Time said:

Agreed. The red and black is quite sharp. The back and grey is dull and uninspiring. In addition, the black and grey will be very hot in the summer. I wonder about pricing.  VFC should introduce them cheaply so as to attract new fans and publicity.

Forge had a great idea of including a jersey with your inaugural season ticket, some fans signed up just to get the shirt and go to a few games and for others like myself I usually continue to buy either the home or away jersey for the new season, good marketing!

If there is a Scottish guy involved with Vancouver FC decision making, he's probably from Kirkintilloch:

301118329_515202563939708_41976427036069

A sixth tier club in Scotland called Rob Roy wear jerseys like that in addition to the much higher profile Flamengo in Brazil:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirkintilloch_Rob_Roy_F.C.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CR_Flamengo

Hope they didn't go with black and grey just so they could use the corny "embrace the dark side" slogan. Those are the bad guys that get defeated in Star Wars terms after all.

41 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

The stadium is looking amazing. I think it will be the most intimate in the league. Stands feel right on top of the pitch

Great to hear! More so than Starlight? I'll have to make the trip over

Someone mentioned the stadium at the PNE as a reference, old Empire site, and you can see some of that. I personally do not like architecture that is not solid, poured concrete does it for me. And us being able to stamp our feet and it sounds like thousands of broken Tibetan wind chimes--ah, I remember it well (Maurice Chevalier voice). 

Tinny as the Monty Python sketch goes. 

Thing is, the actual set up was pretty good at new Empire (I forget the name). I maybe went a few times, including that Man City friendly. The bowl was good, the feel of the fans in the stands. The right size too. 

I find it odd they think this is the modular structure they want to market to other places in Canada, it may work but the value is not high.