Cavalry - 2023 Season Thread

6 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Not directly CanPL related but a possible future alternative to Spruce Meadows if the Southern family eventually sour on soccer:

if it can seat 5,000 people + walking room might useful home for calvrey for April - may portion of the seat 

still it might lead to some people no longer going to games or attendance going down a little as some have said that they are not willing to go downtown to get the busses and no longer will attend...its too bad this stadium is not very accessible for people who dont have a car

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, how many teams do Cavalry have? Obviously, they have the senior (CPL) side, and their academy side is scheduled to be taking part in the League1 Alberta exhibition series this year, but there is also a 'Calgary Cavalry u21' side scheduled for the AMSL this season. Does that mean that Cavalry effectively have 3 teams (excluding affiliates)?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2023 at 12:13 PM, SoccMan said:

Has Callum Montgomery played for Cavalry yet , has he been playing ? He was a pretty decent signing for the club and the league . 

Just a few minutes ago I realized I have not seen Callum in line-ups since ever and went to confirm that he has logged only two 90s for the team way back so he must be injured. Then I see your comment here ... so where does one find an injury list for this team?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2023 at 11:51 AM, K Edgar said:

During the broadcast of today's match vs York, Jenkins alluded to some off-field issues which may have hindered Escalante's season.  If true, it could be a reason for this transfer happening.

Escalante made his 100th appearance across all competitions for Cavalry today.