Cavalry - 2023 Season Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Cavalry has been such a consistent side since year one, but it really feels like this squad has lacked a Borges, Bekker or Bustos. Year 1, you could argue Pasquotti was a standout and I suppose Carducci has always been the standout at his position but this team feels like it needs another difference maker to push itself to a title.

I wonder if Caniggia Elva is a possibility to be that guy. Still only 26, developed in Calgary prior to moving to Europe and has been a free agent since the summer (played in the third Bundesliga in the prior season).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think the CPL narrative would be benefitted if Cavalry could lift a trophy this year. I know that I have been a fan of Pacific, and am not sure yet about jumping ship to Vancouver, but I also think about the league narrative. And that would be benefited overall by a Cavalry win and a bit of "justice" for Wheeldon and the folks who have believed in him.

On 1/13/2023 at 9:26 PM, K Edgar said:

https://northerntribune.ca/cavalry-fc-julian-roloff-leave-rumour/

Cavalry could pickup Murasiranwa from FCEd? (if still available)

If I were Calavry would grab both Murasirnwa and Joseph Holiday. Would be too expensive on the budget. If both develop .. can see darlington going up another level. best shot stopper at fced since Nathan Ingam  

10 hours ago, yothat2 said:

If I were Calavry would grab both Murasirnwa and Joseph Holiday. Would be too expensive on the budget. If both develop .. can see darlington going up another level. best shot stopper at fced since Nathan Ingam  

It's official.  Murasiranwa and Holliday are good options but other CanPL teams (Pac, Van, Hfx) are looking for GKs too!

Edited by K Edgar

52 minutes ago, K Edgar said:

It's official.  Murasiranwa and Holliday are good options but other CanPL teams (Pac, Van, Hfx) are looking for GKs too!

Don't forget Valour. Seriously though, I could see Holliday being an option as, lets face it, Carducci is pretty much untouchable and Holliday won't mind not starting on a regular basis. Plus, you have the option to develop him through the affiliate club.