Valour FC - 2023 Season Thread

On 11/7/2022 at 7:40 AM, K Edgar said:

I am agreeing with Pottsy on this one.

CPL's level of play has improved since 2019.  But Attardo is young and his play should have improved more during his time in Europe.  I think it would be a possible opportunity for both club and player.

I respect your opinion, but I think I've been clear about why I disagree. I don't believe he would be a top player in U-Sport tbh. 

Should be an interesting off-season with Valor though looks like they are in for another overhaul of players. 

12 hours ago, K Edgar said:

Thought/hoped he would play one more year at Valour then jump to Sask.  Would make sense for him to be Sask's 1st signing (if they get going before he retires).

I've been thinking this as well. I wonder if he made his long-term aspirations clear and continues to sign one year deals until then.

With the official demise of Edmonton a handful of players are now free agents.  With the need for a tall striker, Mamadi Camara, would be a welcome addition for Valour, in my opinion.  Or would Gabriel Bitar be a better addition at striker?

Edited by K Edgar

6 hours ago, K Edgar said:

With the official demise of Edmonton a handful of players are now free agents.  With the need for a tall striker, Mamadi Camara, would be a welcome addition for Valour, in my opinion.  Or would Gabriel Bitar be a better addition at striker?

What about the keeper to push Yesli? Camara is good, but I have a feeling Bitar will end up at Ottawa.

8 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

What about the keeper to push Yesli? Camara is good, but I have a feeling Bitar will end up at Ottawa.

I like Darlington, but I think Valour may have already chosen to go with Yesli and Barker.  I think there are other clubs in the CPL (HFX comes to mind) who will be more motivated in pursuit of Darlington and I expect he will remain in the league.

2 hours ago, K Edgar said:

I like Darlington, but I think Valour may have already chosen to go with Yesli and Barker.  I think there are other clubs in the CPL (HFX comes to mind) who will be more motivated in pursuit of Darlington and I expect he will remain in the league.

I would be happy with either Artemenko or Barker challenging Yesli next season. I seem to think Barker was the only FC Manitoba player in Team of the Season for their division. Personally, I like the idea of having more players from Winnipeg (or Manitoba in general) at Valour anyway.

2 hours ago, K Edgar said:

I actually like this point of the season when we can speculate about potential signings. There is always more activity than in Europe (due to the shorter contracts) and it adds something different to the season, for me anyway.

Edited by EnigMattic1

On 11/29/2022 at 1:45 PM, EnigMattic1 said:

Interesting. Wonder if it is anyone who has recently left a CPL side?

Novak (Cav)?  Gagnon-Laparé (HFX)?  Also possibly available... Di Chara, Adekugbe, Norman... Welshman?

Edited by K Edgar