Pacific FC - 2023 Season Thread

3 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

Im kinda intrigued by this game against the Whitecaps. So capacity is 6k and they're opening it up..  so what are we talking about? 7k? 

The ferreyside Darby is so dumb that it might be good. Kinda like El Traffico but at least that kinda makes sense

El Traffico, that is really good.

Any MLS manager worth his salt should be looking.  Rea, Farsi, Sirois, Mcnaughton, all players doing well in CPL that stepped into MLS rosters and contributed.  If you cant get your italians to play, the 30+ geezers you signed are injured and you dont trust your academy kids, you could do worse than throwing Pacific 150K for Young.  

I thought Aparicio, Sean Young and that Dutch winger all looked more effective than just say Raposo and Teibert the other night

I think Aparicio is a fantastic player and I hate to say it but I think based on the MLS style of play from an MLS perspective Sean Young is a more likely candidate because of his physical frame

Edited by SpursFlu

1 hour ago, Watchmen said:

I don't think that's a given anymore. Not with the number of Canadians now cracking MLS rosters south of the border. 

Veth confirms it’s not the 3 Canadian teams right in that thread. 

Do we know when his contract is up?

Edited by Aird25

4 hours ago, Watchmen said:

I don't think that's a given anymore. Not with the number of Canadians now cracking MLS rosters south of the border. 

Yeah, Veth followed up and said it wasn’t TFC. If he went to an American team would he be the first CPL -> US MLS team player? 

25 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Yeah, Veth followed up and said it wasn’t TFC. If he went to an American team would he be the first CPL -> US MLS team player? 

Good to hear that US MLS teams are taking notice of the CanPL

3 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Veth confirms it’s not the 3 Canadian teams right in that thread. 

Do we know when his contract is up?

Who would we consider to be the big Canadian-supporting US MLS teams? Nashville, LAFC, Orlando, ??

18 minutes ago, nolando said:

Who would we consider to be the big Canadian-supporting US MLS teams? Nashville, LAFC, Orlando, ??

I’m wondering if west coast teams have an easier time scouting him. Wonder if Seattle or Portland keep an eye on the west coast CPL teams since it would be easier to send scouts. 

14 hours ago, Soccerpro2 said:

...No American MLS team is going to hand an international roster spot to a 20 year old CPL kid.

...and there's no way FC Bayern are going to spend big money on some Canadian teenager. In the modern game if the player is rated as good enough they will be signed regardless of nationality and league of origin. The reason that comparatively few Canadian players get those sorts of transfers is that there are not that many that are talented enough unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hes been doing well but such long term contracts in cpl are risky as if ever it turns bad and a change is needed ownership will be hesitant as the money to pay out is very considerable for them...we saw it with hfx where hart had to go after 2021 but still had two years so martin said no and basically sacrificed 2022 and finally made the change with only a year left on the contract

30 minutes ago, Big_M said:

hes been doing well but such long term contracts in cpl are risky as if ever it turns bad and a change is needed ownership will be hesitant as the money to pay out is very considerable for them...we saw it with hfx where hart had to go after 2021 but still had two years so martin said no and basically sacrificed 2022 and finally made the change with only a year left on the contract

He's been with the club since the start. If things go sideways I think they could find another position for him at the club other than head coach. Given his track record I imagine he could find another gig though

On 5/26/2023 at 4:25 PM, nolando said:

None at all. Teams sign players if they are good enough and US teams spending an international spot does not depend on the player's nationality IMHO.