Friendly - Canada vs Uruguay - Tuesday, September 27th - 12 pm Eastern / 9 am Pacific

narduch

6 hours ago, Ruud said:

Our formation against a top side will be a clue to Belgium and Croatia on how we’d play against them, especially if we don’t see much of the ball.  Herdman will need to drill some basics with the starting 11 for 60 minutes or so.  Closed door would actually be better!

the starters want to be in the field against Uruguay- unlikely to see the subs starting 

Caldwell mentioned that we were playing a bit more vertical and less positional than usual against Qatar. I expect that has most to do with thinking about how to play our world cup opposition. Should be interesting to see how that works against Uruguay. 

Otherwise it’s our only match against top opposition so you have to think Herdman will play what he thinks is his best for as long as makes sense. 

Edited by ECW

8 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Were there any pics from training yesterday? Assuming they didn’t have a day off given the caption? 

In one of the TSN videos I linked to it was indicated that yesterday was a “regeneration” day for the team since it was the day after a game, so I expect only the players who didn’t play like Tajon would have done any training yesterday 

7 hours ago, JAVIERF said:

I play vs Uruguay

...................Borjan........................

Johnston WatermanVitoria Adkgbe

Davids Piette Eustaquio  Hoilett

.... ....  David........

......................Larin...................

Really? Are you sure? I don't see your name in that starting eleven, Javier.

2 hours ago, Mattd97 said:

Man you really see how important it is to have those duals come to you first.  Koleosho is a part of the guys there. Flores and mitrovic never had that.  Love the way he's part of the team

which one is he? in the white bib?

I can't get the stupid audio to work and I don't have the same lip-reading skills as HAL 9000, but this TSN video appears to feature Luke Wileman claiming that Davies is out for tomorrow, despite the fact that he's dancing to hip hop in the video:

https://www.tsn.ca/FIFA-World-Cup/video/buchanan-ready-to-return-as-canadian-men-prepare-for-toughest-test-yet~2528831