The Club World Cup Thread

narduch

It has always confused me why the US never got this tournament. It's also kind of ironic that it would be the year an American team qualifies. 

So who will be the 'domestic champion'?  Supporters Shield or MLS Cup?  This could answer that question, although with soany teams it seems MLS Cup is the winner. Hopefully Montreal goes and represents the league!

6 hours ago, RJB said:

It has always confused me why the US never got this tournament. It's also kind of ironic that it would be the year an American team qualifies. 

So who will be the 'domestic champion'?  Supporters Shield or MLS Cup?  This could answer that question, although with soany teams it seems MLS Cup is the winner. Hopefully Montreal goes and represents the league!

Wow I haven't even considered that.

That would be amazing if Montreal got to be there

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
23 hours ago, gigi riva said:

The USA getting all these tournaments kind of annoys me in some ways. It just seems to be not fair at all . I would rather see it in a Morrocco, Uraguay  those kind of places where we know it would be better appreciated

I don’t think you will have a problem with this tournament being appreciated in the US , moreover , it will be held a year before the 2026 World Cup so a nice rehearsal for the big show coming to these parts in 2026 , it’s too bad we couldn’t have gotten a few games of this club tournament in one the the Canadian 2026 World Cup stadiums . 

On 6/23/2023 at 9:18 AM, gigi riva said:

The USA getting all these tournaments kind of annoys me in some ways. It just seems to be not fair at all . I would rather see it in a Morrocco, Uraguay  those kind of places where we know it would be better appreciated

It is not uncommon at all for World Cup hosts to get a tournament or two in the lead up to the actual WC.  That's what the Confederations Cup used to be for, a test.

6 hours ago, SoccMan said:

I don’t think you will have a problem with this tournament being appreciated in the US , moreover , it will be held a year before the 2026 World Cup so a nice rehearsal for the big show coming to these parts in 2026 , it’s too bad we couldn’t have gotten a few games of this club tournament in one the the Canadian 2026 World Cup stadiums . 

I doubt BC Place will have the grass installation complete in time for this tournament.

• 5 months later...