Match Thread: September 4, 2022 - Valour v Forge

narduch

4 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Now Valour will have to deal with the weight of expectations, as they have a relatively soft set of opponents coming up. Not something they've normally dealt with well.

Huge result though. Levis and Baquero are so much more influential as wingbacks in this new formation.

I love Mekideche but I also think the most influential part of him coming in was securing our CB numbers to allow us to go 5 at the back. Both of those two have been able to do so much more ever since. 

20 minutes ago, jonovision said:

This is a slump, surely, but also their only real rough patch in league play in 4 years. Do you really think the fun is over?

Do I really think the fun is over? No.  However, I did say the rest of the league has caught up or figured this team out.  You’re right. This is probably the first real “rough patch” Forge has faced in four years.  What I’m saying is that sometimes you have to mix it up.  It’s admirable that Bobby has dared the others to match him. Regardless of the game (league, Concacaf, playoffs) he plays pretty much the same formation and the same style.  Again…”we play our way” works until everyone else has a plan to match or beat it and too often recently it seems the other teams have.  Winless in five…losses to York Utd., two to Valour, Cavalry and their last win barely scraping by HFX. My point is, it’s time for Forge and Bobby to do some thinking and throw some different looks at teams. Give them something to think about. Stop with the 6-8 foot goal kicks that teams now sit on and press, or the short corners that never result in anything. I’ve faithfully watched the team for four years, from day one, and know that more often than not it’s worked.  But it’s very frustrating that when the team is down a goal, or tied in a game, every game the answer seems to be sub off Choiniere and insert Campbell (or vice versa).  If I can predict the substitutions that will happen as soon as I see the line up posted, I am sure every coach in the league has it figured out too.  Like I said…admirable to play “our way” for almost four years, but “our way” is going stale and it’s time for some adaptation, creativity and new looks. Just my thoughts…

3 hours ago, Cheeta said:

We've got SIX POINTS how 'bout you?

How 'bout you?

How 'bout you-ou-ou?

We've got SIX POINTS how 'bout you?

How 'bout you?

How 'bout you-ou-ou?

Sorry to throw in a little reality but... both teams have 36 points, Forge has a game in hand and Valour only has 1 home game remaining (Forge has 4)!  Valour's only advantage is momentum.