Match Thread: September 4, 2022 - Valour v Forge

narduch

^  At least kick off is early enough that there shouldn't be too much hesitancy from those who're getting together for the Bomber game.  Not saying there is a lot of overlap between CPL adn CFL fans, but it's enough to matter, today at least.  Labour Day in Regina, last weekend before the kids go back.  Don't know what to expect for a crowd today.  

Thought I saw some sort of Latin promo today or something?

47 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

^  At least kick off is early enough that there shouldn't be too much hesitancy from those who're getting together for the Bomber game.  Not saying there is a lot of overlap between CPL adn CFL fans, but it's enough to matter, today at least.  Labour Day in Regina, last weekend before the kids go back.  Don't know what to expect for a crowd today.  

Thought I saw some sort of Latin promo today or something?

The labor day game is about football??  Excuse to get plastered maybe.   

Yesli, AJB, Dyer out. Sirois, Romeo, Fordyce in. 

AJB clearly isn't fit enough to play two matches in 4 days. Fordyce in midfield for the suspended Dyer. Sirois for Yesli is surprising. Yesli has been good and keepers shouldn't get tired. He did spend a bit of time on the floor each of the last two matches but I'm pretty sure that was time wasting.

That said, Sirois should be just fine. Yesli hasn't lost them any games with his play but he hasn't stolen any either.

Edited by jonovision

This will be an interesting match, a Valour win against a Forge team who seem to be off the boil will bunch the table up nicely and make for an exciting 5 team jostle to the play offs! It looks like Forge will be in the 4-3-3 they start out at with Campbell, Pacius and a returning Welshman leading the front line, after having looked unbeatable for a long stretch Forge have looked very ordinary as of late!

18 minutes ago, Ftduck said:

It's almost like Forge is reluctant to shoot. 

Yes, the forwards look so short on confidence atm which in Pacius' case is shocking since everything was going in for them, couple that with a midfield that isn't providing service and are resorting to trying long hopeful balls and you see why Forge ate where they are right now! I wonder if Bobby brings Hamilton and Choinere into the match for 2 of the 3 front guys and the midfield could use some brightening up with Jensen or Hojabrpour good options!