Match Thread: CONCACAF League - Round of 16 - Leg 1: Pacific v CS Herediano (Costa Rica) - August 16, 2022

13 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I don't think Pacific deserve to lose, but you have to expect these little bursts of quality from stronger rivals. Pacific had a chance to clear that, they were a bit sloppy coming out and paid for it.

They've probably outplayed Herediano, or at least matched them.

Agreed.  I only caught the second half, but I thought Pacific put in a really good performance and were probably the better team in an overall really tightly contested game.  They just lacked that cutting edge in the final third! 

Regardless, they showed that they weren't intimidated, have lots to build on and should feel relatively confident that they can still pull the upset off.

3 hours ago, Aird25 said:

That’s a tough pill to swallow. We fought hard but conceded a bad goal and lacked a deference maker up top. I’m still scratching my head about selling Diaz right before our most important stretch of games. We’ll be in tough in Costa Rica, and closing out the season 

If the league is doing what it's supposed to be doing though, get used to this. Selling on players is critical, and that seems to be more likely to happen mid-season/European off-season.