Match Thread: CONCACAF League - Preliminary Round - Leg 2: Pacific v Waterhouse FC (Jamaica) - August 2, 2022

8 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

4-0

It's great to know we started a league that is already there to compete with the middle tier in the region. Forge set the standard, here we are continuing with a result. 

Great crowd and good atmosphere in Langford. I hope fans realise that Herediano is an even bigger club, a real quality rival coming in.

Based on Forge's results only MLS, Liga MX and Honduras are ahead of the CPL.

For whatever reason Forge has not been able to get past Honduran clubs.

Wow. That was fun, great job Pacific. From a Forge supporter. 

Tough to choose a man of the match but it has to be Heard. 2 goals and 2 assists (3 if you count hockey/MLS assists). 

Bustos would be such a dynamic player if he had a right boot. Watching him cut in on his left is so repetitive and he doesn’t have a Robben-like burst to make up for his obviousness. 

Daniels on Pacific is massive and looks like he could be a player if he can put it all together. 

What a fun night. I love these international matchups. Herediano will be a great test.

It's really been incredible to watch some of these players progress with Pacific, and it hasn't just been young players. Wero Diaz scored 3 goals his first season here, and he now has 16 in 21 matches. Gianni Dos Santos is like a different player this year. If he can find consistency, he could play at a much higher level. MacNaughton was a different player when he left, than when he joined. It just shows that some players need a platform to succeed, and there are a lot that aren't afforded that opportunity.

58 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

What a fun night. I love these international matchups. Herediano will be a great test.

It's really been incredible to watch some of these players progress with Pacific, and it hasn't just been young players. Wero Diaz scored 3 goals his first season here, and he now has 16 in 21 matches. Gianni Dos Santos is like a different player this year. If he can find consistency, he could play at a much higher level. MacNaughton was a different player when he left, than when he joined. It just shows that some players need a platform to succeed, and there are a lot that aren't afforded that opportunity.

I have said this before, but if I were a neutral looking for a team to support, Pacific would be at the top of my list. Great stadium, great jerseys, great logo, and great results on the field. Watched the highlights earlier this morning. Congrats to you guys!

Specifically on Dos Santos, I am always impressed with him anytime I see highlights or catch a few minutes of a game here and there. Looks like he was capped by Cape Verde this year, and he's amongst some good company judging by the club affiliations of the other players. They are ranked in the 70s in FIFA as well, so it's a decent team that's perhaps comparable to a El Salvador, Curacao, or Honduras (lol). The best part is that he won his cap while showing out in the CPL. We've had guys make debuts for countries like South Sudan (Akio), but to win a cap to Cape Verde is a much bigger feather in the CPL cap, specifically the Pacific cap on this occasion. 

6 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I have said this before, but if I were a neutral looking for a team to support, Pacific would be at the top of my list. Great stadium, great jerseys, great logo, and great results on the field. Watched the highlights earlier this morning. Congrats to you guys!

Specifically on Dos Santos, I am always impressed with him anytime I see highlights or catch a few minutes of a game here and there. Looks like he was capped by Cape Verde this year, and he's amongst some good company judging by the club affiliations of the other players. They are ranked in the 70s in FIFA as well, so it's a decent team that's perhaps comparable to a El Salvador, Curacao, or Honduras (lol). The best part is that he won his cap while showing out in the CPL. We've had guys make debuts for countries like South Sudan (Akio), but to win a cap to Cape Verde is a much bigger feather in the CPL cap, specifically the Pacific cap on this occasion. 

It seems like we've done it all with absent owners though. Josh is raising a kid in Switzerland, Rob is starting a new team across the strait. I don't even know who to credit for the kit design (other than the artist), or anything else that's positive with the club. Merriman is brilliant, but who's running this club?