Match Thread: CONCACAF League - Preliminary Round - Leg 2: Pacific v Waterhouse FC (Jamaica) - August 2, 2022

Yeah a couple of the guys looked (understandably) gassed after the Valour game. I'm hoping Heard and Dixon were just out for rotation on the weekend and Didic didn't have a lot of minutes either. Otherwise I think all the other of tonight's starting outfield players will be ones that played on the weekend (not sure what happened with the left backs). 

59 minutes ago, davey_twelve said:

Yeah a couple of the guys looked (understandably) gassed after the Valour game. I'm hoping Heard and Dixon were just out for rotation on the weekend and Didic didn't have a lot of minutes either. Otherwise I think all the other of tonight's starting outfield players will be ones that played on the weekend (not sure what happened with the left backs). 

Our midfield was lost on the weekend. I like both Manny, and Sean Young, but we lost the battle horribly in the first half. I thought Dos Santos was very poor as well, and Bustos has too often been a bit of a ghost as well. They both can turn it up a notch but we'll lose with that same effort we saw in the first half against Valour.

LB was once probably our strongest position in 2019 with Blake Smith and Marcel, but we've never adequately replaced either of them. I don't get it. It's been a clear weakness for a while now.

4-0

It's great to know we started a league that is already there to compete with the middle tier in the region. Forge set the standard, here we are continuing with a result. 

Great crowd and good atmosphere in Langford. I hope fans realise that Herediano is an even bigger club, a real quality rival coming in.