2023 CONCACAF Champions League

Just now, Shway said:

Anybody watching the Haitian match?

Some of there guys look very good.
They don’t look out of place.

Saw the last 15 minutes. 

They only have 3 subs buy are 45 minutes away from pulling it off.

Scoreless st the half

I wasn't able to watch the game tonight. Did we ever find out what the issue with the Visas was? Are there players that are just straight up not eligible? Or was it incompetence at the club? The fact that they had former players that are based in the USA in their preliminary roster in anticipation of this makes me think it is probably that many players are not eligible, rather than the club not being able to be on top of the paperwork.

12 minutes ago, narduch said:

Violette pull off the upset. 

They won't play an American team next round so they shouldn't have any visa issues.

Lol, with Haiti you never know!

Haitians need visas to get into Mexico and Panama too!

5 minutes ago, Kent said:

I wasn't able to watch the game tonight. Did we ever find out what the issue with the Visas was? Are there players that are just straight up not eligible? Or was it incompetence at the club? The fact that they had former players that are based in the USA in their preliminary roster in anticipation of this makes me think it is probably that many players are not eligible, rather than the club not being able to be on top of the paperwork.

Dunno but the same bullshit happened last time when they had to play the New England Revolution; they had to forfeit.

It may be a mix if factors. Given how low the salaries are in the Haitian League and the fact that it has been on hiatus, there were rumblings of "defections" Cuban-player style.

-

Even 10 years ago when I had to try to get paperwork done in Haiti is was a fucking nightmare; I can't imagine how bad it is now.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

On 3/17/2023 at 8:48 AM, Kingston said:

I think this is the first time ever that we've had two quarter final upsets like that.

It was round of 16, not quarter final. First time under this format that there have been 2 non MLS/Liga MX teams this deep in the tournament. Before this format it happened though. Arabe Unido (Panama) won a group with Monterrey in 2016-17, the same year Saprissa (Costa Rica) won a group with Portland.

2014-15 was the most famously upset heavy tournament. Olimpia (Honduras), Herediano (Costa Rica), Saprissa (Costa Rica), and Alajuelense (Costa Rica) all made it to the quarter finals. Herediano and Alajuelense made it to the semi finals. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...