Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Final - Vancouver Whitecaps vs Toronto FC - July 26, 2022

18 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I don't mind that Sartini celebrated like a mad man, he's something of a character which, seeing how low the attendance has been in some regular season games this year for Vancouver, is frankly something the Whitecaps could use if he becomes something of a galvanizing figure for the team & fans.

My only (mild) complaint would be the apparent dishonesty of pointing the finger at TFC players in his comments to the press without mentioning the fact that he taunted them first which is why they didn't want to shake his hand. And this is not exactly something that is riling me up or that I'm likely to lose sleep over. In fact it's somewhat hilarious, the sort of thing that you might find in a sitcom or Will Farrell comedy film depicting a kid's basketball game where Farell, as the coach of the winning team, goes up to the defeated player who missed the tying free throw shot and shouts "Nya nya nya nya nya nyahh! You suck, loser!!" at him before he extends his hand for the honourable handshake.

Basically agree. Probably if it had been an MLS match they'd fine him. 

I am not sure he is a compelling enough figure to leverage this for the team, to use it to raise the mental game and get results. If he does, great, we probably need some sort of fire started by someone. But what we see mostly is rather tentative tactics when ahead or even drawing, suggesting he is no master at the mental game.

simple...you won great...first go shake hands with the opponents and then go in a corner and take off your shirt and do whatever celebrations you want...as the head coach you should be better than that and able to control yourself to some extent...you win ok jump around a bit and pump your fists but to right away take off your shirt and act like that and then expect that opponents will be happy to shake your hand when you just did that in their faces...no

I don't think Vanni taunted any TFC players. Bradley is trying to equate celebrating in the vicinity of Osorio, who'd missed the crucial penalty that ultimately lost the game for his team, with taunting. It's all a bit soft from TFC, if you ask me. You lost the game. Shake hands, do the post-match press, then get on the plane for your long flight home.

When the sun comes out, the guns come out

Sartini might have a future with Chippendale's if that's even still a thing

I just think the whole thing is kinda hilarious. Bob Bradley and Sartini would make an amazing sitcom. Remember that show with Balky Baltacimus. Maybe a reboot?