The Importance of the Players vs CSA Pay Dispute

Shway

CSB received had $8.2M in revenues according to Paul Claude Bérubé. Even if it was a 50% split, it would be $4.1M instead of the $4M.

The NDP MP didn't care by this important piece of information

***Unless I heard wrong

Edited by Ansem

1 minute ago, Ansem said:

CSB received $8.2M in sponsorship revenues according to Paul Claude Bérubé. Even if it was a 50% split, it would be $4.1M instead of the $4M.

I must have heard that wrong. I thought it was 2.8, but I'm listening to it in the background while working. 

Why are these questions & answers being capped by a time limit? The "transparency" they are demanded is limited to two-minute answers?

Utterly absurd, you have Peter Julian stating conclusions based upon answers that the CSA members haven't had time to fully give. He's comparing the Cdn national team broadcasting rights to MLS rights under Apple without any info that the CSA used to pay TSN to broadcast their games.

It was $8.2M because he then said that even if they had a 50% split, they wouldn't be that far off. Of course, CSB stands to make more as time goes by

Had it be $2.8, it's CSB paying out of pocket which makes no sense

Edited by Ansem

Just now, Gian-Luca said:

Why are these questions & answers being capped by a time limit? The "transparency" they are demanded is limited to two-minute answers?

That's just standard practice for these things. Otherwise they'd go on for hours.

They were very strict on the time limits when the WNT members were there, as well.

11 minutes ago, Ansem said:

CSB received had $8.2M in revenues according to Paul Claude Bérubé. Even if it was a 50% split, it would be $4.1M instead of the $4M.

***Unless I heard wrong

Includes one soccer revenues and all revenues from CPL?  What about costs?  

8 minutes ago, RS said:

That's just standard practice for these things. Otherwise they'd go on for hours.

They were very strict on the time limits when the WNT members were there, as well.

The women though were the ones asking for transparency, not being asked to provide it, so their requirements for timing is less of an issue. This hearing has largely been useless because true transparency can't be provided by 30 second soundbites.

I understand that the politicians seemed clueless when talking to the women, they are coming across just as clueless here.

12 minutes ago, Ansem said:

It was $8.2M because he then said that even if they had a 50% split, they wouldn't be that far off. Of course, CSB stands to make more as time goes by

Had it be $2.8, it's CSB paying out of pocket which makes no sense

The translator may have gotten it wrong? She definitely said $2.8 million in sponsorships of all kind. I went back and listened again

10 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

The women though were the ones asking for transparency, not being asked to provide it, so their requirements for timing is less of an issue. This hearing has largely been useless because true transparency can't be provided by 30 second soundbites.

I understand that the politicians seemed clueless when talking to the women, they are coming across just as clueless here.

That's a good point, but I think they are still somewhat "bound" by their internal rules to keep the hearing going.

To your second point: I had to turn it off. The politicians are still as clueless today as they were two weeks ago, and I was actually starting to feel sorry for Earl Cochrane.

14 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I totally agree with you, but some of the CSA reps tend to spew answers that are long and not entirely related to the topic.  

5 minutes ago, RS said:

That's a good point, but I think they are still somewhat "bound" by their internal rules to keep the hearing going.

To your second point: I had to turn it off. The politicians are still as clueless today as they were two weeks ago, and I was actually starting to feel sorry for Earl Cochrane.

Earl Cochrane as usual isn't coming across all that great, but he's looking like a superstar genius in comparison to the politicians

1 minute ago, Gian-Luca said:

Now Housefather is grilling the CSA on FIFA hiring Adriana Lima as an ambassador. Great to see that our taxpayer money is being used to talk about important transparency issues.

So I'm not missing out on much then

1 minute ago, Gian-Luca said:

Now Housefather is grilling the CSA on FIFA hiring Adriana Lima as an ambassador. Great to see that our taxpayer money is being used to talk about important transparency issues.

That is ridiculous. Theres so much bias in this meeting and virtue signaling by these politicians. Talk about what is within Canada soccers control

On 3/19/2023 at 10:17 AM, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

A completely new governance structure bringing in qualified people from the professional level of the sport as opposed to the amatuer level provincial associations rather than only tinkering at the edges post-black t-shirt protest style?

A lot of the current issues arose out of people inside the CSA bubble developing unhealthy levels of hatred for MLS when the youth academies unexpectedly usurped the CSA's previous role in elite player development at the youth level and when the level of the players being developed in Canada turned out not to be high enough for the initial set of domestic player rules approved for TFC to be viable moving forward.

Instead of fostering more pro soccer to complement what MLS was providing they set out to do something at cross purposes with it and effectively had to sell off the family silver to attract investors in order to be able to do that.

Same thing occurred with the OSA when TFC academies first arrived.  Provincial teams threatened players and clubs informing them they would no longer be in good standing with the province if players chose to go to TFC.

On 3/19/2023 at 10:29 AM, dyslexic nam said:

The hatred of MLS is obvious given the complete omission of the MLS academies from our national teams.  

F0A8D228-8F65-4B9D-A2CB-3EB57D0971D1.jpeg

Obviously that has changed.  If the CSA wanted to use the top players, they would have no choice but to use the pro academies.  Now they really only go through the academies to secure talent in Canada.  Granted most top kids are in the system, but there are plenty of kids who would excel if given the opportunity.

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

The translator may have gotten it wrong? She definitely said $2.8 million in sponsorships of all kind. I went back and listened again

I just went back at 11:49:50

• Les informations que nous avons obtenus, nous permets de croire qu'en 2022 CSB a obtenu pour environ $8.2M de commandite de toutes sortes

The information we have obtained, allows us to believe that in 2022 CSB has obtained for approximately $8.2M of sponsorship of all kinds

Edited by Ansem