Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Quarter-Final - HFX Wanderers v Toronto - May 24, 2022

Even when they were not that their best TFC was the better team on the evening with the victory. Now its time for York to bring home the win and keep the chances of the final being in the east alive. TFC til I die !!

A shame for Halifax, entertaining game for the fans but a missed opportunity against a sub-par TFC line-up that didn't play well, even if understandably so. They probably deserved a better fate.

For TFC, you can't start a must-win match against any professional club with a line-up that can essentially be summed up as a well-over-the-hill Bradley and a bunch of kids (and a seemingly regressive Achara who seems to look worse every season for some reason, the only surprise was that Bradley Sr. waited until the half to yank him off). Got away with one tonight for sure.

6500, sellout.  I’d guess we probably could have got to 10k if we had the room.

I met people tonight who drove 500km and others who didn’t understand there was a soccer game tonight (but acknowledged there were a lot of people walking around in soccer gear).

Fitting that Shaffelburg helped setup the winner.  Not quite Disney but good enough. Now we just need the Wanderers to bring the same game in the CPL and work their way into the playoff picture.

Just made er home from the grounds. Hard to knock the effort from Halifax tonight they fought hard with great urgency. They had a couple decent opportunities to go up 2-1 and just could quite get it done. Atmosphere was good as always - after Salter scored that was the loudest and craziest I ever seen it there. In the end another heartbreak. Played hard but ended up on the wrong side of the result again. On the bright side was a beautiful night. Here is the view from my perch in the kitchen at kickoff. 

wandrB.jpg