Match Thread: May 21, 2022 - Cavalry v Valour

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Cavalry… always getting it done.  I watched the replay, looked like the ball stayed in play to me.

Pacific, Forge and Cavalry staring to bubble to the top.  Going to be dog fight for the last playoff spot.

On third look, not that bad. Ball was on the line but not out. The penalty decision, though, was shocking.

Just now, jonovision said:

On third look, not that bad. Ball was on the line but not out. The penalty decision, though, was shocking.

I totally agree, by the book, it looked like a foul, I need to see it in slow motion.  Given the circumstances I don’t think it should have been called.  It was close enough that it should have been let go.

30 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

Need to get healthy to stop the late game bloodbaths. A 1-1 draw would have been an absolutely epic result in light of everything Valour is dealing with. Just hold them off for 3 mins...how was this NOT the game plan?

Sure? But Calgary frankly did not impress, and Dyer nearly made it 2-1. If that had gone in we're singing a different tune.

4 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Sure? But Calgary frankly did not impress, and Dyer nearly made it 2-1. If that had gone in we're singing a different tune.

He did, but he didn't. And now we're singing a very familiar tune. On the road, this was tragic.