Match Thread: May 15, 2022 - Valour v York United

Not the best outing but Valour have quality at keeper and finishing this year, which matters. Sirois played a big part, of course, but that's back to back clean sheets at home in the league.

Disappointing crowd from the TV pictures (I myself couldn't make it and only saw the second half).

3 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Not the best outing but Valour have quality at keeper and finishing this year, which matters. Sirois played a big part, of course, but that's back to back clean sheets at home in the league.

Disappointing crowd from the TV pictures (I myself couldn't make it and only saw the second half).

I was there. Seemed like a bit less people than last week. Last week's attendance was disappointing in itself.

Moses Dyer had an off game. Valour were constantly looking for the switch over top to Akio.

Valour still back pass too much for my liking and need to be decisive looking for combinations in the middle of the park.

We were a bit lucky to win today. Reinforcements are still really needed. Again, either the South Americans are coming or they aren't, Valour need to make a decision with their visa situation.

It would have been nice to have Ricci back this year.

14 minutes ago, jonovision said:

I was at the game as well and was also disappointed at the crowd.  A couple of thoughts on the game. Great pk save by Sirois which changed the momentum of the game and a great individual effort by Rea for the game winner.  Not a bad effort considering how thin our bench is. Both Levis and Esparza dressed but were clearly not fit to play. Evidence of this is that Gutierrez, our holding mid had to finish the game at left back. 

Edited by charlesmazz

We know you're York United but you suck just like the Leafs.

We know you're York United but you suck just like the Leafs, that's why we sing this song.

Shitty, shitty York United.

You suck just-like-the-Leafs.

20 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

We know you're York United but you suck just like the Leafs, that's why we sing this song.

Hahahaha......you forgot TFC !

1 hour ago, Cheeta said:

This account 🤣

11 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Haha, very funny.

Except the Leafs don't suck.  And like Tampa, Valour won a game they really had no business winning!