Match Thread: May 15, 2022 - HFX Wanderers v Cavalry

Don't think that Calgary goal gets called an own goal if the ball was already heading into the net. Commentator was correct IMO that the defender would normally be expected to stay on the post. Oxner should be able to gather that. Modern keepers do tend to parry the ball a lot rather than trying to control it as was the norm back in the day so that's probably what he's always been coached to do.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

2 hours ago, davey_twelve said:

Another possibility: a draw in this match and a Valour win causes a 5-way tie at second place.

Or, better still to my mind, both Wanderers and Valour climb the table as Cavalry drop into 6th.

Why did the Halifax forward not run the ball into the corner at the end there, his feeble attempt at goal lost possession and enabled the counter attack and subsequent free kick and equalizing goal, very foolish IMHO!

10 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Surprised Oxner still got anywhere near CanPL after last season. If you are going to come out for a cross you have to fully commit and get there. He is woeful on the equaliser. 

Wasn't very good on the first one either. I will admit I thought it was a curious decision to go back with Oxner this season. He was horrific last season. I think it is time to move on. Im not convinced Baskett is the answer. However I would prefer him til a better solution can be found.

Painful.  A bit of inexperience by Robinson in injury time as was already noted.  He really should have scored earlier on a cross that landed right at his feet so perhaps he was trying to make it up.  From what I've seen from him so far I think he has a lot of promise and will continue to get better.

Good game from Salter, involved in both goals.  Oxner has made so many mistakes now it's hard to trust him.  Baskett is more than capable imo.  I like the way Hart had the team playing, we're generating a lot of chances.  Friday can't come soon enough.