Match Thread: May 7, 2022 - Valour v HFX Wanderers

This might be one for the attendance thread, but Valour really need to re-think their pricing strategy for the midfield sections. The least sold of all the sections on Ticketmaster, and at $60 a seat, too high a premium to pay for a CPL game in my opinion. And empty seats at midfield are a bad look on TV.

Nice day for a kickabout if you ignore the 60km/h winds forecast for kickoff.

^ Yeah the Pinnacle seats do get you parking, that's something but I'm not sure the value is there.  Aces to those buying them, helps finance the club.

Think Wanderers are in for a tough afternoon.   Fingers and toes crossed.

As soon as I sent that message I saw they were on left behind the Valour goal, lol.

Typical start for the Wanderers on the road so far, lots of possession, lots of bark... no bite... feels like we should already have one with all these chances.

3 minutes ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Marshall really need to start scoring some goals or we have to move on and get someone who can. For me he is a disaster.

I agree, not quite ready to call him a disaster but he feels a bit out of place.  Not capitalizing on chances and sometimes taking them when he should be passing.

I learned this half that I have no idea how to judge ball possession based on what's happening in the half.  I would have guessed we had about 60% possession but it was only 45%... 12 shots is something though.

Shows how much I know, not clicking for Valour at all this after'.  Truly, if Wanderers could hit a barn door the match was there for the taking. 

Way too much disconnect between players.  Valour was isolating itself, didn't need any help from Hart & Co. for that.

Ton of no-shows, tough to guess the crowd though, lots of people watching on the concourse and they've opened up the north end zone for a beer gardens.  I'd say 3Kish?   Nice to run into some of the usual suspects again.

11 hours ago, jonovision said:

This might be one for the attendance thread, but Valour really need to re-think their pricing strategy for the midfield sections. The least sold of all the sections on Ticketmaster, and at $60 a seat, too high a premium to pay for a CPL game in my opinion. And empty seats at midfield are a bad look on TV.

Agree with this. 

2 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Shows how much I know, not clicking for Valour at all this after'.  Truly, if Wanderers could hit a barn door the match was there for the taking. 

Way too much disconnect between players.  Valour was isolating itself, didn't need any help from Hart & Co. for that.

Ton of no-shows, tough to guess the crowd though, lots of people watching on the concourse and they've opened up the north end zone for a beer gardens.  I'd say 3Kish?   Nice to run into some of the usual suspects again.

1st half Wanderers should have been up by a few. They completely owned the midfield. Valour kept back passing in possession and had  Sean Rea lose the ball trying to take everyone on 1v1 on the wing. 

Later part of 2nd half Valour found their mojo and had a chance to win. 

If the 3 South American's aren't going to get visas anytime soon, time to cut them loose and move on. Valour need more depth.

I had fun at the game. Steve Hart was my youth coach when I was a kid, good to see him. He's a quality person.

12 hours ago, Cheeta said:

...  I'd say 3Kish?   Nice to run into some of the usual suspects again.

Looks like they did a good job on drumming up group sales for this one (home opener and all that) but some of the sections that I think are mainly for season and single game ticket purchases look a bit sparse in the highlights. Same old same old basically as elsewhere.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

On 5/7/2022 at 10:09 AM, jonovision said:

Agree, but as Cheeta pointed out you get Parking in addition to access to the Pinnacle Club which is indoor, has private bathrooms and free popcorn. Almost bit for my season tickets but just couldn't justify paying over double what I paid just a couple sections over. Agree with Cheeta that it felt like around 3k maybe just over. It was a beautiful day, wind wasn't a factor in the stands.