Match Thread: May 6, 2022 - York United v Forge

2 hours ago, SadOnMondays said:

I'm wondering what York will do at forward? I'd be interested to see a 4-4-2 with De Rosario and Wright.

I think a 3-5-2 would work best at the moment with Petrasso out and Max a game time decision. But Nash will likely stick with a 4-2-3-1 even if it doesnt fit the squad. 

^ I'm a big believer in playing two big forwards together, teams almost never do it, but any time I've seen it it works - I remember seeing Haber and Gbike play for the Whitecaps against TFC and Marlon Harewood and David Cousin for Hull years ago and it really worked. In both cases, it had a short shelf life, but I'd like to see York give it a try. 

Full marks to York for playing a good match and getting a deserved win in a bit of a chippy affair, besides Campbell's early goal which may have been incorrectly ruled offside Forge offered very little going forward! It may be because of some rust from not playing for 2 weeks but I think this Forge side looks really stale so far this season, Campbell may be the striker this club needed but he is getting very little service from an average looking midfield! Hopefully things improve for the lads in spark orange but so far this season there have been some struggles!