Carlo Ancelotti to coach MNT?

Once again yes not a huge fan of herdman, but he’s a proven me wrong I’ll give credit where credit is due. He’s done an amazing job. If Herdman does go, I hope and pray the CSA doesn’t go backwards like they did when Holger Osieck left. If Herdman leaves there should be a huge search and they get the right person, very experienced professional coach. That should guide Canada to even bigger heights. Herdman set the standard, that’s the baseline. 

For me once herdman goes. My list of mangers who im trying to interview 

Carlo Ancelotti

John van 't Schip

Dwight Lodeweges

Mark Watson

Bobby Smyrniotis

Tommy Wheeldon Jr

Maruo Beillo 

Michael Findlay

Sean Dyche

Pa-Modou Kah

Marc Dos Santos

Danny Röhl - if I was CSA I would push hard for him - Assistant Manager under Flick for Germany and Bayern Munich

Cesare Prandelli

Heimir Hallgrímsson

Kevin McKenna

On 5/5/2022 at 2:46 PM, dyslexic nam said:

Not really.  No one is bashing Herdman or ready to show him the exit.   Well, maybe @SpecialK a little bit.  But the rest of us fully support him and his continued tenure.   Full stop.   He helped get us to the WC and that is massive.  Now let’s see what he can do there.

But when a world class coach (and CA is in an absolutely elite group of coaches) has a connection to Canada and specifically references the possibility of coaching our Nats at some point down the road, it would be silly not to give it some level of attention.

Herdman may see greener pastures elsewhere at some point.  As other have pointed out, be jettisoned the women’s team when a better opportunity arose.  And no one blames him for that.  Well, maybe @SpecialKa little bit.  But it is business and things happen.  It would be extremely shortsighted of folks in the Canadian footy establishment to not think about this as a viable back pocket option in case Herdman decides his future lies elsewhere.  He may stick around until post-2026WC or he may not.  But there is nothing to be gained from us not discussing a plan B.  

I was reffering to the fact this is even a conversation, like one of the greatest managers ever being our manager. Nothing to do with herdman.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Melanie Joly personally owes me $100, and she should stop wasting her time congratulating some other country’s champions and focus more on making good on her debts.

She owes you $100. for your impression of Voight's Midnight Cowboy or Brando's Wild One?

6 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Melanie Joly personally owes me $100, and she should stop wasting her time congratulating some other country’s champions and focus more on making good on her debts.

In David Graeber's great book Debt: The First 5000 Years, there's an ongoing argument about how paying off all debts breaks the social bonds that keep societies together. In this way of thinking, which is far less marginal than we might think, if she'd paid you back you'd no longer have the basis for a relationship. The bond is alive. And the fact that she does owe you both empowers you and keeps her beholden to you.

I appreciate she may have forgotten or is just a piece of shit, I've met some like that too.

I suppose this is small comfort, but you get to tell the story, and how many times has it been so far? How much mileage have you gotten from the "Minister of Foreign Affairs owes me 100 bucks" story? It's the price you pay to get to tell a story worth telling.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

15 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

In David Graeber's great book Debt: The First 5000 Years, there's an ongoing argument about how paying off all debts breaks the social bonds that keep societies together. In this way of thinking, which is far less marginal than we might think, if she'd paid you back you'd no longer have the basis for a relationship. The bond is alive. And the fact that she does owe you both empowers you and keeps her beholden to you.

I appreciate she may have forgotten or is just a piece of shit, I've met some like that too.

I suppose this is small comfort, but you get to tell the story, and how many times has it been so far? How much mileage have you gotten from the "Minister of Foreign Affairs owes me 100 bucks" story? It's the price you pay to get to tell a story worth telling.

Also, read Bullshit Jobs. Another great book by Graeber. 

53 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Also, read Bullshit Jobs. Another great book by Graeber. 

True, and also a thesis that you don't expect.

I met Graeber not that long before his untimely death, we lost a really vibrant mind and a guy who was a spark, however right or wrong he may have been.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

22 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I met Graeber not that long before his untimely death, we lost a really vibrant mind and a guy who was [is] a spark, however right or wrong he [is] may have been.

Exactly how I think of you Jeffrey. 😀

On 6/29/2022 at 7:22 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

I met Graeber not that long before his untimely death, we lost a really vibrant mind and a guy who was a spark, however right or wrong he may have been.

I had no idea he passed. It's really a shame, he was provocative in all the best ways!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...