Match Thread: April 23, 2022 - Pacific v HFX Wanderers

2 hours ago, davey_twelve said:

How has the new LB Tabi been so far?

I thought he looked good in the first game versus York, nice speed, defended well.  Against Atletico he looked over matched against Tabla... had to haul him down once or twice and didn't offer anything going forward, although I'm not sure having him go forward was ever part of the plan in that game.

Frankly i'm not sure Morelli as in for big year anyway. For me he over achieved last year and towards the end when he was being guarded closely he looked very frustrated. Should be  an interesting game. I mean if you go 3 games without a goal (besides a penalty) I say Hart has to go and like right after the game.

I doubt anything will happen to Hart.  I get the sense we’re locked in for this season.  I also think it’s a bit early to draw conclusions especially starting with three on the road.  Four points is a good start and three isn’t a disaster but it puts pressure on us at home.

If we’re languishing in June and we’ve lost to Guelph then it might be time to make a change.  I’d love to see us get that TFC game so Shaffelburg can score a brace against us!

Edited by Lurker

I think Tabi did get the ball, but you also have to think twice about going to ground in the box in that situation. It’s very hard to get all ball from behind and not at least look like you took some of the man. Also, re-watching the highlights, I wonder if Marquez was doubting himself about the penalty shout earlier off the corner scramble. That can sometimes get in a ref’s head, where they start looking for a make-up call, consciously or subconsciously.