Match Thread: April 10, 2022 - Pacific v Forge

Pacific lost a few of its core in pre season, Chung, Macnaughton, Campbell, Blasco and Hojabrpour will be missed and hard to replace. Mavilla and Didic are proven at this level, Binate and Daniels are unknown quantities. Going out against Hamilton (after they signed two of the names) has a bit of story to it. Hamilton are the obvious big boys of the league, and Pacific did the job last season. Will be interesting how this game goes. Never saw Pacific/Hamilton as a rivalry, but here we go!

It's game day and I am really looking forward to this match not just because of it being Forge's season opener but the intrigue of playing away to the team that beat us in the final at our ground and having signed a couple of their key players! It's funny how rivalries develop and this may become a good one although I think Forge is the most hated team in the league in all of the other 7 cities anyway!

I thought that was Cavalry? I've enjoyed watching Forge do well and I'll probably pay more attention to them now that they have a couple ex-Pacific players. I do wonder if AH will get decent minutes this year. 

Curious to see what the backline looks like for Pacific today as there's a few different possibilities. The front six will likely be the main starters from last year.

3 hours ago, gator said:

It's game day and I am really looking forward to this match not just because of it being Forge's season opener but the intrigue of playing away to the team that beat us in the final at our ground and having signed a couple of their key players! It's funny how rivalries develop and this may become a good one although I think Forge is the most hated team in the league in all of the other 7 cities anyway!

Actually, since you lost a league trophy at home, you are increasingly well-liked.

Seriously, it is only about beating the winner, and a healthy jealousy from all teams in all directions. If Pacific comes out and wins this year as well, much of our natural west-coast amenability will wear out fast.

Here would be a good survey: how long will it take for all 8 of the existing clubs to win the league, and which will be the last? I think it might easily take 20-25 years for everyone to have a star on their shirt.

I am not sure what the situation is with Henry but he needed to be challenged after conceding many terrible goals, you could make a point that 3 of the 4 conceded to Cruz Azul were his fault, Bobby is loyal but not foolish and that's probably why Henry will be challenged regardless of why he isn't starting today!

Didic is such a great get for Pacifc. More level headed than McNaughton and will bring some real stability alongside TMG. Allain Saint-Dadaluke has been decent too. A little suspect defensively but exciting. Mavila is an upgrade on Haynes to boot. Not sure if they have season depth in midfield but pacific look really good.