Match Thread: April 10, 2022 - Edmonton v Valour

I like Winnipeg, i'm not sure why... but they have potential.  I don't think Gale was the man for the job.  Maybe Dos Santos will be the man to get the potential out of them? Gutiérrez, Romeo and Riggi are good signings. Sirios is back on loan, and arguably the best keeper in the league last season. I'm a fan of Dyer and Akio. As for Edmonton, poor Edmonton, full respect to Koch but he's got a big job on his hands. Maybe team spirit and a battle down the hatches mentality will see them put on something? Shome is a man of obvious talent, just yet to deliver. Kacher is yet to shine but has something as does Mohammed. Singh could do something at centre back on loan from Toronto and Vaikla (also from Toronto) has national team experience. Maybe Edmonton aren't dead yet?

42 minutes ago, StillOnFire said:

I like Winnipeg, i'm not sure why... but they have potential.  I don't think Gale was the man for the job.  Maybe Dos Santos will be the man to get the potential out of them? Gutiérrez, Romeo and Riggi are good signings. Sirios is back on loan, and arguably the best keeper in the league last season. I'm a fan of Dyer and Akio. As for Edmonton, poor Edmonton, full respect to Koch but he's got a big job on his hands. Maybe team spirit and a battle down the hatches mentality will see them put on something? Shome is a man of obvious talent, just yet to deliver. Kacher is yet to shine but has something as does Mohammed. Singh could do something at centre back on loan from Toronto and Vaikla (also from Toronto) has national team experience. Maybe Edmonton aren't dead yet?

too bad Fced is starting from scratch again. Basically left for dead. The youth investment pushed by Paulus in the first 3 seasons / end of nasl has gotten much of return (minutes given to Marcus Velado, David Doe, Prince Amanda, Tony Caceras, Chance Carter, Abe Dukely). the club hasn't gained much of a foothold over the other Cpl clubs from the there 10 year history.  If Vaila turns out to be a stud goalie, maybe they have some potential. 

I’d imagine Edmonton plays something like this:

Ulbricht 
            Bitar - Shaver - Warschewski

Shome - Gonzalez

Higgins - Singh - Loughrey - Faiya

Vaikla 

Edited by Pottsy3

Wind playing absolute havoc for Edmonton. Attendance looks sparse but from early shots pre game the majority of fans are sat in the opposite stand out of shot. 

Singh looks good so far, as you would hope he would at this level. 

Seagulls almost as annoying as the wind.