League1 Ontario Men's Premier Division 2022 Season

L1O 2022 schedule released, 21 games, 18 weeks, 6 teams in the playoffs, season starts April 21st, league final on September 3rd.

This is the most games since 2017 when teams played 22 games.  Lets hope L1BC increases from 12 to at least 16 games in 2023.

https://northerntribune.ca/league1-ontario-2022-season/

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

• 2 weeks later...

This may be a stupid question and I apologise if it is, but I am UK based and have only recently got into Canadian soccer. 

How does League1 Ontario actually set up? My understanding is, there is the main (Premier) league with a reserves league. But, I was also of the understanding that Toronto Skillz were, in effect, the reserve team for Electric City with Durham their u19's. What league are they both in? 

2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

This may be a stupid question and I apologise if it is, but I am UK based and have only recently got into Canadian soccer. 

How does League1 Ontario actually set up? My understanding is, there is the main (Premier) league with a reserves league. But, I was also of the understanding that Toronto Skillz were, in effect, the reserve team for Electric City with Durham their u19's. What league are they both in? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_League1_Ontario_season has a good breakdown. 

3 hours ago, rydermike said:

Aurora is a reserve team of Simcoe County now, so is Athlete Institute (they might be that SCR U21 team) 

On the subject of affiliate clubs, aren't both FC Durham and Toronto Skillz affiliated with Electric City (u19 and u21/reserve respectively)?

1 hour ago, EnigMattic1 said:

On the subject of affiliate clubs, aren't both FC Durham and Toronto Skillz affiliated with Electric City (u19 and u21/reserve respectively)?

Yes (Durham has both U19 and U21 teams / Skillz only has a U21) And Brampton SC is running a reserve division squad too - they are part of Scrosoppi FC. 

Edited by rydermike

2 hours ago, rydermike said:

Yes (Durham has both U19 and U21 teams / Skillz only has a U21) And Brampton SC is running a reserve division squad too - they are part of Scrosoppi FC. 

So does that mean, technically, Electric City have two u21 teams in the same league? 

Sorry for all the questions, but I appreciate your help. 

2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

So does that mean, technically, Electric City have two u21 teams in the same league? 

Sorry for all the questions, but I appreciate your help. 

Really they're more like separate teams since FC Durham and Toronto Skillz are completely separate organizations that just formed a partnership. They're not owned by Electric City. So maybe if a player really impresses Electric can call them up, but it's not a true B team from the same organization. 

Since you mentioned you're UK based it would be like an EPL team partnering up with a League One team (obviously these teams are far from that level, just using it as a parallel), who maybe they loan players to, have coaches go to the other teams practices, share ideas, etc. Separate teams but with a relationship. 

Edited by rydermike

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Kingston said:

Two bus loads of away fans - that's more fans than many teams get in total.

Yeah it was a great night all around in Guelph, ECFC has the making of becoming something special. Made the trip out for the match from Toronto and I am very happy I did, Looking forward to ECFC's home opener on May 7th. Also really like their jerseys, have a cool look.

10 hours ago, Cblake said:

Yeah it was a great night all around in Guelph, ECFC has the making of becoming something special. Made the trip out for the match from Toronto and I am very happy I did, Looking forward to ECFC's home opener on May 7th. 

What do you estimate the total attendance was?

2 hours ago, Kingston said:

What do you estimate the total attendance was?

I would put it at 700-800. I heard they printed 1,000 tickets for the match. Mine was numbered 509 and I had bought that a while ago online. They actually printed nice tickets, which is rare in this day and age of digital tickets on cell phones. A nice keep shake to have from ECFC's first ever game. 

Results and details of the Sat April 23, 2022 L1O game between Darby FC and Sigma FC held at the Whitby Soccer Centre. Includes post game audio with both coaches John Zervos of Sigma and Jens Kraemer of Darby.  Also league commissioner Dino Rossi Jr answered some questions about the league's broadcast plans and promises.  

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports22/22l1o008.htm

TFC Windsor since they have been in League 1 are always at the bottom of the league . Why would TFC put their name on a team that year in year out is always at the bottom of the league . Anyone in Windsor can tell me what’s going on in Windsor with this team and why are they always one of the worst teams in the league?

18 hours ago, SoccMan said:

TFC Windsor since they have been in League 1 are always at the bottom of the league . Why would TFC put their name on a team that year in year out is always at the bottom of the league . Anyone in Windsor can tell me what’s going on in Windsor with this team and why are they always one of the worst teams in the league?

It's not the 20-22 year old L1O players that TFC are interested in.  It's the 12 year olds in the Windsor system that they can look over to get them to move into their Academy in Toronto.  

8 minutes ago, Rocket Robin said:

It's not the 20-22 year old L1O players that TFC are interested in.  It's the 12 year olds in the Windsor system that they can look over to get them to move into their Academy in Toronto.  

True good point , but Windsor is full of decent soccer players you would think they can muster up to 20 or so decent soccer players to try to be competitive, but I understand that it’s mainly the younger kids they are more interested in.

33 minutes ago, Rocket Robin said:

Results and details of the Sunday April 24/22 League1 Ontario game between Vaughan Azzurri and Pro Stars FC played at NMRP in Vaughan. Includes post match audio with both coaches Patrice Gheisar and John Yacao 

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports22/22l1o009.htm

The match you will want to attend next Saturday night is North Toronto Nitros Electric City FC up at Downsview. It will be a great opportunity to see this ambitious new club from Peterborough. Have a great roster and are exciting to watch.