Canadian Owners Abroad

Stryker911

20 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

This is the region of Italy my parents are from. I bought a scarf from the ultras when I was there in the summer a few years back. It seems as though this club is going bankrupt every 5 years. Hopefully they can make it work this time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Joey Saputo's Bologna sitting in 5th place in Serie A. They have been doing some great business on the transfer market, so even though they will probably lose some big pieces in the summer, they have already bought some youngsters who should be able to fill in...and they will have money to spend. The Italian press are discussing whether Bologna can become the next Atalanta, a smaller team that can regularly punch above its weight to compete with the Italian giants.

I believe Joey will be paying for a temporary stadium to be constructed while their current municipally owned stadium is refurbished.

So while Saputo may take a lot of the blame for the shortcomings of CF Montreal, he is receiving many plaudits for his work in Italy.

19 hours ago, masster said:

Another Saputo related story that caught my eye today...Bologna continued to pay the salary of former coach Sinisa Mihajlovic even after he passed away.

https://football-italia.net/bologna-continued-paying-mihajlovic-wages-after-his-death/

Didn't read the story but  Joey Saputo has a history of paying former coaches. I remember a reporter once telling him that he was still paying the former coach (or coaches) besides the present one and he annoyingly responded back "are you paying him?"😁