2023 World Cup Qualifying / 2024 Olympic Qualifying

narduch

On 7/16/2022 at 11:02 AM, Jedi Ram said:

Well am surprised that CBC is not showing this game live considering they did it last Monday.  It's on tape delay on Tuesday at 1 am.  I guess streaming is the only way to watch the Final live. 

All the matches going up against the National are on delay. Not a top 10 program anymore but still a top 30 program and still considered their flagship program.

Other than Olympics & NHL, weeknight National on main CBC doesn't usually get pre-empted even though it is available to watch multiple times over multiple platforms. 

33 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Why is the qualifying game bring held in September of 23 instead of right now?

I actually like the suspense.  People (me included) who complain that we never get to see the women play an important game, like a World Cup or Olympic qualifier at home.  Well, the loss gives us this chance.  If we can't bring the crowd to a similar level as the men the past year, then it'll be extremely disappointing.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I actually like the suspense... we never get to see the women play an important game, like a World Cup or Olympic qualifier at home.

Agreed. 100%

2 hours ago, shorty said:

To make the third place game meaningful I suspect

Yes, exactly.

3 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Why is the qualifying game bring held in September of 23 instead of right now?

Because that is the first FIFA window after the Women's World Cup.

To give some kind of qualifying match between both big tournaments.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2022 at 7:48 PM, red card said:

Canada booking 2 friendlies in Australia for September window. First match n 14 years in Australia. It appears they're playing only Australia as per tweet. Press release says "co-hosts" unless it is a typo.

One Soccer confirmed they will broadcast these friendlies

• 10 months later...
36 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

@dyslexic nam , will you be in Toronto then?

Also, @JamboAl should the section be just 112/113? How many tickets were sold for the last #CanWNT match? I recall there being a fair amount left. Is it better to have a smaller section and completely pack it?

It will be more than just 112/113, how much more will be worked out with Canada Soccer.  The pricing will be a bit better than the men’s games but we really need to push people to go.

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

@dyslexic nam , will you be in Toronto then?

Also, @JamboAl should the section be just 112/113? How many tickets were sold for the last #CanWNT match? I recall there being a fair amount left. Is it better to have a smaller section and completely pack it?

Miss it by 2 weeks - I am there between the 10th and 13th.  :( 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2023 at 4:52 PM, JamboAl said:

The Voyageurs will have a sale for tickets starting tomorrow.  It’ll be the cheapest seats in the stadium - around $20-25 all in.

I'm curious now to see how the ticket sales for this one go, after our balloon got popped Down Under.  Or maybe it was more like GIF by joelremygifthis:

I haven't been following ticket sales for the Jamaica game in Toronto, I just looked it up on ticketmaster now. Is the lower level really sold out? The seating chart doesn't look natural. There are areas where all tickets available (like a part of a section) and areas where there are no tickets available. There is no scattershot unavailable or available tickets, so it looks artificial. There must be tickets that are being held back or something?

Jamaica is a very athletic but quite technically limited side from what I saw today.  Regardless, if Donaldson has all his players available for the two legs and they display the grit and commitment that they showed through all of this tournament, the CWNT won't be defending their gold medal next summer.

I hope that doesn't happen but I have serious doubts at the moment.

13 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Jamaica...I have serious doubts at the moment.

The haven't announced the details of the Kingston leg yet.

If they decide to truly CONCACAF it and play at 3:30pm in the afternoon, how will this team do in the sunshine at 32°C + degrees and high humidity?

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

14 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The haven't announced the details of the Kingston leg yet.

If they decide to truly CONCACAF it and play at 3:30pm in the afternoon, how will this team do in the sunshine at 32°C + degrees and high humidity?

Aren't most of the Jamaican players from the UK and USA? If so, then playing at 3:30 will hamper them as much as us.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2023 at 10:52 AM, narduch said:

The Voyageurs tickets are now on sale

There are still tickets left in our section (in 112 , 113 and 114) , mostly at the back.

I was about to buy one when I saw on the V's Facebook page that someone is re-selling (and some have already sold) tickets at the front of our section on StubHub. 🤬

@JamboAl and @Admin if you can catch them, I'll take their ticket at the front of 113 or 114!

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

41 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

There are still tickets left in our section (in 112 , 113 and 114) , mostly at the back.

I was about to buy one when I saw on the V's Facebook page that someone is re-selling (and some have already sold) tickets at the front of our section on StubHub. 🤬

@JamboAl and @Admin if you can catch them, I'll take their ticket at the front of 113 or 114!

Both Jamie and I are aware of the tickets in 113 and 114.  It’s weird because the tickets in the front rows are somewhat “regulated”.  There is some question about whether those tickets for sale on StubHub are actually for those rows.  If they were for Row 6, for example, we wouldn’t know for sure and TM won’t provide us with original purchaser information for obvious reasons.