CONCACAF Nations League 2022/2023 - General Thread - Group Stage

Assuming we beat Honduras and this Mex-Jam tie hold (and no crazy 10-0 matches...)

A Panama win vs CR or a Pan / CR Draw would mean we would play Panama in the semis and US / Mex would be the other semi

A CR win would mean we would play CR in the semis and US/ Mex would be the other semi

38 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Assuming we beat Honduras and this Mex-Jam tie hold (and no crazy 10-0 matches...)

A Panama win vs CR or a Pan / CR Draw would mean we would play Panama in the semis and US / Mex would be the other semi

A CR win would mean we would play CR in the semis and US/ Mex would be the other semi

I’d be pretty surprised if the draw holds. Jamaica need to play to win which will lead to tons of chances.

Wow. One of the semi-finals could actually be the United States vs. Mexico.

If the US wins tomorrow and we win on Tuesday, I think the only Costa Rica/Panama result that doesn't create a US/Mexico semi-final is a Panama win where they overcome their goal differential deficit to the US (currently at 4 and would be larger if the US defeats El Salvador).

Edited by Neil R.

9 hours ago, trc2014 said:

For a team that needs to win, not much urgency from Jamaica.  Players laughing after plays, it’s odd.

Thought the same but it was clear they were going for the smash and grab late on. Overall it was an incredible performance by Jamaica - arguably as good as our our WCQ away game there.

Mexico is so easy to dislike. The cockiness/smugness just radiates off them. It’s almost laughable when you consider Jamaica had as good, if not better, of a team man for man on the pitch last night. The way they carry themselves you’d think it was Argentina facing Haiti or something. 

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Thought the same but it was clear they were going for the smash and grab late on. Overall it was an incredible performance by Jamaica - arguably as good as our our WCQ away game there.

Mexico is so easy to dislike. The cockiness/smugness just radiates off them. It’s almost laughable when you consider Jamaica had as good, if not better, of a team man for man on the pitch last night. The way they carry themselves you’d think it was Argentina facing Haiti or something. 

That own goal was amazing. 

Made watching that game worthwhile 

Edited by narduch

Jamaica looked a lot better than they previously had, which is surprising considering that team hasn't played with each other in a while. 

They have what seems like a core now, and you have to better to get in the squad regardless if you're a Englishman. 

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Jamaica looked a lot better than they previously had, which is surprising considering that team hasn't played with each other in a while. 

They have what seems like a core now, and you have to better to get in the squad regardless if you're a Englishman. 

More a question of picking Englishman who wanted to be there and will stay window to window rather than being better or worse for me.  

They pick Ravel Morrison who has shown pretty decent commitment to them but (forgive my lack of MLS knowledge) I don't think he has pulled up a lot of trees in DC.  (Seems like he has not played this year?)

Antonio has been injured.  Will be interested to see if he is coming back. 

But again, some talent playing at decent levels available.

3 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

More a question of picking Englishman who wanted to be there and will stay window to window rather than being better or worse for me.  

They pick Ravel Morrison who has shown pretty decent commitment to them but (forgive my lack of MLS knowledge) I don't think he has pulled up a lot of trees in DC.  (Seems like he has not played this year?)

Antonio has been injured.  Will be interested to see if he is coming back. 

But again, some talent playing at decent levels available.

Morrison has been exiled by DC. I don't think we know exactly why and Rooney was the one who brought him in so it's weird. I think he still trains with the team though.

Jamaicas depth is really weird— the likes of Bailey, Pinnock, Blake and Antonio are top notch players (albeit Bailey has been not great internationally) but then their bench is often filled with Jamaican premier league and USL championship players. Feels like if they could get all of their European based players to come over at once they could solidify themselves as a 4/5 in CONCACAF.