CONCACAF Nations League 2022/2023 - General Thread - Group Stage

Bonaire getting crushed by Sint Maarten which I think is a derby for them. Despite that they still lead their group. Wonder how that happened looks like they were doing pretty well in their group beforehand.

Their main striker Ayrton Cicilia is someone I would not mind at all a  CPL team taking a look at.

Edited by VinceA

1 minute ago, VinceA said:

Bonaire getting crushed by Sint Maarten which I think is a derby for them. Despite that they still lead their group. Wonder how that happened looks like they were doing pretty well in their group beforehand.

This happens all the time with these level teams. If they’re missing a few guys it gets messy easily.

I have no idea what it means for the financial health of OneSoccer but I just saw commercials for Pampers, Tide, Hyundai, TurboTax and Buick (may have gotten some brands wrong but that is the magnitude of companies).  I remember when OS started and it was nothing but VW commercials and self-promoting their own content.  I know they would get more for a game like this, but it is great to see the corporate buy-in increasing.  

(meant to post on the game thread but the sentiment still applies). 

Edited by dyslexic nam

3 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

What was that red for? Seemed really soft but I may have missed something. 

edit:

never a red… that’s terrible. 

Harsh, and no worse than what was just done to him before, but honestly I have been playing (at terrible levels of course) for almost 40 years and I've never found a reason to stiff arm or shove a player after a whistle. So yeah, unfortunate, but you can easily make it so the ref has no decision to make.

So, for fun on a pretty footballess Sunday afternoon, who to cheer for in the coming days:

We are on 6 points with +5 gd.

Every other group leader has 7 points and the gds run US - +11, Panama - +7 and Mexico - +5.

Assuming the US do their thing and finish as the top group winner, Jamaica getting anything from Mexico opens up some nice possibilities.

A sort of modest dream scenario would be Mexico and Jamaica draw, Panama do the same with Costa Rica and we win.  That would put us 2nd against 3rd place Panama and Mexico against the States.

With the above, a Costa Rica win by a non silly score (we are + 4gd on them currently) we would face them in the semis with us as the 2nd place team.

Other possibilities but most of the non-US/Mexico semi finals for us (with any whiff of realism)seem to rest on Jamaica not losing.

Go Reggae Boyz

(Absolutely bad form to discuss the possibilities with us drawing. And correct my math above as needed.)

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford