CONCACAF Nations League 2022/2023 - General Thread - Group Stage

13 hours ago, Floortom said:

In France - English don’t rate that league at all. Not saying it’s right but mostly I’m seeing comments about him tearing up a farmers league while he only scored 3 goals in 900 minutes in the Championship last season.  Lacazette’s performance at Lyon this year doesn’t help that perception.
Southgate still ain’t calling Tomori who plays at a much better club and level so I don’t see him making any commitment to Balogun until he moves on from Ligue 1.

The irony is that Southgate cap tied Tomori while he was playing for Milan

3 minutes ago, VinceA said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guadeloupe_national_football_team

Guadeloupe's team is low key not bad at all. 

The backline especially.

Two Ligue 1 players, 2 Swiss Super League players, and a player each from the Bundesliga and Serie A

I wish they were a FIFA member. They'd get even more French players involved if they could qualify for the world cup.

8 minutes ago, Obinna said:

The backline especially.

Two Ligue 1 players, 2 Swiss Super League players, and a player each from the Bundesliga and Serie A

I wish they were a FIFA member. They'd get even more French players involved if they could qualify for the world cup.

3 Swiss league players actually.

Interesting how many players are truly from the country and not just through their parents. 

You know, just minutes into this interview and I cannot help but think that choosing Canada was the best thing Eustaquio could have done for his career. I mean, he megged KdB in the world cup, and he was absolutely outstanding in that match overall against Belgium. That game alone did wonders to his reputation. With the rise he's had at Porto, sure he may have snuck into the Portugal World Cup side, maybe even played a few minutes, but he wouldn't have been front and centre like he was for Canada. Just a thought...

When do we start putting out our predicted lineups?

With our lack of CB depth, I think we will go 4 atb Which leads to a 4-4-2 because of larin and david both being on fire. I just can't see us playing a Left footed cb at rcb in a back 3 and i dont think zator or heibert get the start. 

Borjan
laryea vitoria cornelius (kennedy if match ready) Adekugbe
Buchanan Kone Staq Davies
David Larin 

55 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

When do we start putting out our predicted lineups?

With our lack of CB depth, I think we will go 4 atb Which leads to a 4-4-2 because of larin and david both being on fire. I just can't see us playing a Left footed cb at rcb in a back 3 and i dont think zator or heibert get the start. 

Borjan
laryea vitoria cornelius (kennedy if match ready) Adekugbe
Buchanan Kone Staq Davies
David Larin 

Fuck that's a sexy looking lineup!  And i'm not talking physical attributes.

3 hours ago, VinceA said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guadeloupe_national_football_team

Guadeloupe's team is low key not bad at all. 

I've always found it interesting the number of players born in Guadeloupe who are playing in Europe. One would be forgiven if they thought all their Euro-based players were from France. They have 5 in their March squad alone 

8 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

I know it loud and clear that Tomori can’t play for Canada as it stands, but I’m curious why Laryea said ‘80%’ on a recent social media post of Tomori and Tomori followed up with the crossed fingers emoticon.

Because ol’ crazy eyes is a shit disturber.  

Well played Richie, well played.