Deandre Kerr

JamesF

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1484216953417969665?s=20

at 0:08 u can see Deandre Kerr entering the bus, I could be wrong could be someone else. if it is him I guess he is on trial and TFC own his rights?

I remember him playing centrally for the u17 Canada team at the World Cup 2019, but it looks like he been playing mostly on the wing for Syracuse

as a freshman he was part of ACC All-Freshman team selection lead the team with four goals and had four assists in 12 matches played and this year had 9 goals and 12 assist in thirteen starts and was included in the Top Drawer Soccer top #100 collage players

19 hours ago, Colliedor said:

I'm confused by these rules. So he was with tfc but then went to Syracuse but was he still under contract with TFC?

Regardless, it's good to see him back. I think he's a fairly talented player.

They have his homegrown rights.

For example Jay Chapman didn't go into his year's draft because TFC decided to keep his HG rights and sign him instead. They did give up their HG rights for Mohammed Omar though and let him enter the draft.

edit: Disregard this apparentl he's not a HG player. Interesting.

Edited by VinceA

Toronto FC signs forward Deandre Kerr through 2024 with options for 2025 and 2026. 

DEANDRE KERR

Position: Forward

Height: 5’11”

Weight: 158 lbs.

Birthdate: November 29, 2002 (Age – 19) 

Hometown: Ajax, ON

Nationality: Canadian

College: Syracuse University

https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toronto-fc-sign-forward-deandre-kerr

29 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Of note, he's Jamaica-eligible.

lol....It grinds my gears how this is mentioned for every Canadian-Jamaican. Off the top of my head there is De Guzman, Hutchinson, Henry, Hoilett, Larin, Corneilius, Dunn, Kaye, Miller, Morgan, Nelson, Bair, JMR, Hamilton, Clarke, Dixon, Porter and Edwards. Plus many, many more. 

How many have been "poached" by Jamaica? You'll be surprised by the number 0! 
...Well there's one kid I played with at U21 level named "Shaw Lawson" Detroit city FC star, but he was only called into the U17 Jamaican squad which was solely through connections.

The day a Canadian born player passes (and the key word is passes) on Canada to play for Jamaica is the day we have a starting XI, and subs of world class players playing in the top 5 leagues in top 5 teams. 

It's like mentioning...Peruzza, and Petrasso are Italain eligible.

Edited by Shway

16 minutes ago, Shway said:

lol....It grinds my gears how this is mentioned for every Canadian-Jamaican. Off the top of my head there is De Guzman, Hutchinson, Henry, Hoilett, Larin, Corneilius, Dunn, Kaye, Miller, Morgan, Nelson, Bair, JMR, Hamilton, Clarke, Dixon, Porter and Edwards. Plus many, many more. 

...Well there's one kid I played with at U21 level named "Shaw Lawson" Detroit city FC star, but he was only called into the U17 Jamaican squad which was solely through connections.

The day a Canadian born player passes (and the key word is passes) on Canada to play for Jamaica is the day we have a starting XI, and subs of world class players playing in the top 5 leagues in top 5 teams. 

Hutchinson is Trini.

There was a player years ago named Andy Williams who was born in Toronto but played for Jamaica. He was a good MLS player and even came back to bite us (sorta) when he whipped in a corner that Onstad punched in our net in 2008.

43 minutes ago, Shway said:

I think though going forward this is a real thing to note because of the amount of talent we have coming along. Lot more guys who in years past would get a shot with out NT won't anymore and it could lead to them exploring other options. 

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

They have his homegrown rights.

For example Jay Chapman didn't go into his year's draft because TFC decided to keep his HG rights and sign him instead. They did give up their HG rights for Mohammed Omar though and let him enter the draft.

edit: Disregard this apparentl he's not a HG player. Interesting.

I am a little confused on this, typically underclassman are only in the draft if they have been signed to a Generation Adidas deal. So if Deandre did not sign one and he was not even on the 2022 draft list the only way as far as I know for him to sigh with the Reds would be home grown. Now but there are a few exceptions like if he kid flunks out, signs with an agent. I found this online but as we know MLS roster rules change all the time, so who knows,

“It is the policy of Major League Soccer to not put underclassmen who aren’t signed to Generation Adidas deals on our-draft eligible list,” the league spokesperson said. Even seniors with no eligibility remaining have to be on this list to be able to be drafted. They are placed on this list at the recommendation of MLS and a selection of college coaches.

43 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Hutchinson is Trini.

There was a player years ago named Andy Williams who was born in Toronto but played for Jamaica. He was a good MLS player and even came back to bite us (sorta) when he whipped in a corner that Onstad punched in our net in 2008.

I thought Atiba had Jamaican in him somewhere....stand corrected.

I forgot about Andy Williams...but my question is, did he pass on Canada to play for Jamaica?

17 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I think though going forward this is a real thing to note because of the amount of talent we have coming along. Lot more guys who in years past would get a shot with out NT won't anymore and it could lead to them exploring other options. 

I understand what you are implying. 

I think the amount of English-Jamaicans consistently playing at levels above the Canadian-Jamaicans will always have Jamaica looking there first, unless someone explicitly says they want to play for Jamaica instead of Canada.

18 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

They list him as a forward but Dunfield refers to him as a "powerful attacking box-to-box midfielder".  Does anyone remember where he played with the U17s or know how he played with Syracuse?

HIs Bio on Syracuse website lists him as a forward, mentions that he was an attacking-mid with the TFC USDA team, Transfermarkt shows him as a right-wing.

1 hour ago, Shway said:

I understand what you are implying. 

I think the amount of English-Jamaicans consistently playing at levels above the Canadian-Jamaicans will always have Jamaica looking there first, unless someone explicitly says they want to play for Jamaica instead of Canada.

That's true. I'll add that personally I think Jamaica is missing the boat focusing so heavily on the English based players. Their squad gets rounded out by USL guys and there's no reason to not be scouting the eligible guys in MLS.

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

That's true. I'll add that personally I think Jamaica is missing the boat focusing so heavily on the English based players. Their squad gets rounded out by USL guys and there's no reason to not be scouting the eligible guys in MLS.

Don't give them any ideas!