Fubo wins Canadian EPL rights

narduch

• narduch changed the title to Fubo wins Canadian EPL rights
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 8/1/2022 at 5:09 AM, narduch said:

Still getting used to Fubo. Don't really like the guide.

They have Copa Libertadores matches this week via BeIn.

Also have the Benfica v Mydtylland Champions League game on Tuesday 

Just recently signed up.  One thing I like is being able to record games.  Some EPL games are on at 4:30am west coast time.   When DAZN had the rights, you just had to wait until they offered the replay.  Now, presumably, I'll be able to watch at my convenience.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jedi Ram said:

What is the feedback on the FUBO tv coverage of EPL so far? 

You can watch any EPL match live? Can you record to watch later? How are the commentators? 

I must admit I do miss the 3 or 4 minutes highlights of games that DAZN used to put out later in the day.

Hopefully FUBO adopts this practice later in the season.

Oh, and I think the commentators are the same ones as have always been doing the EPL.  And they are actually at the stadiums.

On 8/18/2022 at 8:30 AM, Jedi Ram said:

What is the feedback on the FUBO tv coverage of EPL so far? 

You can watch any EPL match live? Can you record to watch later? How are the commentators? 

Both fubo & DAZN use the PL world feed. No changes to their production this year except the studio portion has moved to a more standard format of everyone sitting behind a table with a big screen behind them vs sitting on couches. 

Recording is available but matches are also available to watch for 3 days afterwards. Highlights are on fubo's Youtube/twitter feeds rather than on the app.

fubo has the 24/7 Premier League tv channel where all the pre/post/half analysis are shown along with Goal Rush & highlight shows. But if you're watching matches available on fubo's channels only, you get the world feed about 10 mins before kickoff but they don't insert the half time/post match analysis as DAZN did.

Complaints have been mostly due to being unfamilar with fubo's interface i.e where are the replays, didn't know there was PL tv. fubo does offer about 3-4 different interfaces to see what is available but it seems like people are defaulting to the tv guide channel view. fubo does offer more non-sports channels/content than DAZN which may be too much of an overload for some.

The other most common complaint is it being 720 vs 1080. For the first week, the Youtube highlights were at 480 but it looks like it is now 1080. There were audio issues for the first match on fubo's channel feed but not on the PL tv feed. Progammatic ad insert transitions aren't as smooth as DAZN and so far, it is amazon back to school & prime ads on repeat.

Edited by red card

• 9 months later...

I've enjoyed fubo to watch EPL and other leagues including CPL and the CMNT & CWNT.  But this morning they started putting mid game commercials.   Twice in the last five minutes they've put eight(!) ads on and I've missed action. I've never had ads on during the game and I've had fubo for a few months. Is this new?  

24 minutes ago, RJB said:

I've enjoyed fubo to watch EPL and other leagues including CPL and the CMNT & CWNT.  But this morning they started putting mid game commercials.   Twice in the last five minutes they've put eight(!) ads on and I've missed action. I've never had ads on during the game and I've had fubo for a few months. Is this new?  

Noticed that yesterday too

18 minutes ago, RJB said:

If I'm being honest I feel mislead.  To put a couple minutes of commercials in the middle of the game is brutal. 

I guess they don't have as many subscribers as they were hoping?

I'm going yo complain on their Twitter