Road to India - u17 World Cup

red card

5 minutes ago, narduch said:

Canada wins 4-1.

Big disappointment for the Honduran girls crying at the end.  They are a good team that could have done better with more preparation.  The pitch was pathetic.  The teams deserve better fields in Concacaf.  Next game with the Ticas is going to be another tough one.

14 hours ago, narduch said:

Canada v Costa Rica is at 7pm ET today.

This one is showing on One Soccer's schedule so it may not be free on YouTube 

It was on YouTube so I was able to watch the whole thing.  I like the girl with the blue hair, glad to see her coming in the second half.

Tuned in just as we scored the first. Don’t know about the first half but the team play and link up was way better than the Jamaica game. Still don’t think we have quite enough acumen to beat the Americans but you never know. They’ll be buzzing for the game for sure. Based on the Jamaica game I figured we might only squeak past CR and then get thumped by the US.  Based on the second half today I think we’ll give them a test. At least more of a test than they’ve had so far, which could be a banana peel in the way Jamaica was our banana peel. 

18 hours ago, footballfreak said:

Somewhat of an indictment of this team that, having watched almost every game, I was hard pressed to name a single central midfielder without looking up the roster. Everything is lump and chase to the wings. Any attempt to build through the centre results in a turnover. 😕

So your point being.....

19 hours ago, lamptern said:

As for the quality of U16 teams in CONCACAF, I would say it's a carbon copy of U20. Tier 1 USA, tier 2 Canada+Mexico, tier 3 the rest. If Canada stalled on developing players technically and tactically, Mexico will surpass us. 

And coincidentally Puerto Rico in the semifinals of both tournaments.

On 5/4/2022 at 10:23 PM, footballfreak said:

Somewhat of an indictment of this team that, having watched almost every game, I was hard pressed to name a single central midfielder without looking up the roster. Everything is lump and chase to the wings. Any attempt to build through the centre results in a turnover. 😕

I would agree with this assessment having watched parts or most of every game so far.  The talent seems to be in goal (Lallier), CBs (Markesini and Logan), FBs (Ottey and Archibald), wingers (Perreault, Allen and Watson), and of course the striker Malouf.  Will be interesting to see how they perform against the US up next.  Actually today I believe!

2 hours ago, Ivan said:

I would agree with this assessment having watched parts or most of every game so far.  The talent seems to be in goal (Lallier), CBs (Markesini and Logan), FBs (Ottey and Archibald), wingers (Perreault, Allen and Watson), and of course the striker Malouf.  Will be interesting to see how they perform against the US up next.  Actually today I believe!

I would agree with this analysis having watched every minute of all games.