HFX Wanderers - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

20 minutes ago, narduch said:

The new signing played Europa Conference League last Tuesday 

"As part of the transfer agreement, Mwandwe will play his final match for Newtown on Thursday in a UEFA Europa Conference League match against HB Torshavn (Faroe Islands). Following the match, Mwandwe will travel to Halifax and join his new teammates."

4 hours ago, K Edgar said:

"As part of the transfer agreement, Mwandwe will play his final match for Newtown on Thursday in a UEFA Europa Conference League match against HB Torshavn (Faroe Islands). Following the match, Mwandwe will travel to Halifax and join his new teammates."

He has scored!

5 hours ago, narduch said:

He has scored!

He scored the winning penalty to send them through too. This seems like it might end up being a shrewd piece of business to activate his release clause. I wonder if we see more of that from CPL teams.

Edited by Aird25

On 7/11/2022 at 11:37 PM, jonovision said:

^ Looks like a great place to take in a game. Nice area. Not a lot of parking in this picture. Is there good transit/bike/walk access?

It's in a somewhat central location on the peninsula so it's easy to walk to.  I drive in from the burbs and just hit a side street and walk a few blocks.  I enjoy that walk up as well, lots of fans in the streets making their way there, has a cool feel to it.

On 7/11/2022 at 11:37 PM, jonovision said:

^ Looks like a great place to take in a game. Nice area. Not a lot of parking in this picture. Is there good transit/bike/walk access?

There is plenty of on-street parking around, as well as available parking spaces in a number of nearby parking structures. 

Hart needs to be removed immediately!!! You cant after 3.5 seasons be losing 0-3 0-4 6th place no championship and the team spending to the cap every year!!! Please please please some get him out!!!! What will it take??? #HartOut #HartOut #HartOut

On 7/21/2022 at 7:47 PM, JamboAl said:

Good luck to Mateo from all CPL supporters.  That’s one smart kid and he’ll be a good medical professional when he’s done his studies.  He’ll also make way more than playing CPL.

He will also earn more than most first league players, if you average salaries (and account for taxes) from ages 20 through 60.

Matteo has got the formula right. Make a career out of passion.  The right one!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, grasshopper1917 said:

I cant take credit for this one a fellow Wanderers supporter sent it to me. However made me laugh like hell     lol image.thumb.jpeg.c9e3a0fbf3be9e5ca3128f799b38dc1b.jpeg

Ha, I saw that too and had a good laugh… is it just me or does guy in the back left look like he could walk on the pitch tomorrow against Valour?  I don’t think he’d be out of place.