Pacific FC - 2022 Season

ted

2 hours ago, Big_M said:

its a case of both players not really being in the plans of their teams anymore...at least as far as being starters...so they get a fresh start somewhere else

I think this is it. Baldisimo on a good day was probably Pacific's 4th best midfielder and Toussaint was a depth player for a bottom of the table team. Either may have more success after a change of scenery. Pacific also has another option to chip away at their U21. Guess they don't want Young to think he's guaranteed minutes 🤷🏽

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

Maybe Mathew is being replaced with Michael? With Bikel coming back and the Austrian guy there is a massive log jam in the Whitecaps midfield. I kinda like the Ongaro to Pacific loan idea also

Of course Ongaro to Pacific would be good for the latter. But I think he's trying to get out and beyond the CPL and if you keep returning, that is not the way. 

As the Caps stand, I think you have to work to get a callup to the first team out of the NextPro team, take your chances that way.

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Of course Ongaro to Pacific would be good for the latter. But I think he's trying to get out and beyond the CPL and if you keep returning, that is not the way. 

As the Caps stand, I think you have to work to get a callup to the first team out of the NextPro team, take your chances that way.

Ongaro should hold out for an mls call out if not scandivian league's like Norway or Sweden. 

3 hours ago, davey_twelve said:

Baldisimo on a good day was probably Pacific's 4th best midfielder...

He always struck me as one of those endless "potential" players. Exciting flashes (especially in the first season) and just never really living up to the hype.

12 minutes ago, rkomar said:

I wonder if the change in ownership factored into the timing of the Diaz move?  Maybe the old owners wanted the cash in pocket before moving on?  I don't know the business details of such stuff, so I'm left speculating.

I wonder if the old owners can or even would take cash out of the club aside from established salaries, etc. I would be very, very surprised if ownership liquidated club assets to milk the club for money before moving on. Very surprised indeed. The club would be an incorporated entity. 

That’s what was reported before, but not at all what I get from this article. This quote particularly makes it sound like a bigger change is in order, “A lot of it is also making sure our group, SixFive Sports and Entertainment, Dean Shillington, and Josh Simpson, hand off Pacific in a way that we’re very proud of in terms of where it’s at, and bringing the right group of people in to drive that club forward.”

10 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

That hand off isn't necessarily imminent though and the change next week could simply be about prepaing for that happening at some future point down the road? Guess we'll find out soon enough.

I guess but then it doesn’t seem like anything new would be announced if that’s the case 

2 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I hope we’re getting some island based owners. I have a hard time coming to terms with only Heard and Young making an impact. We have a lot of good players. More than are currently benefiting from the league

I think my dream scenario would be adding one or two Island-based owners to the group who are also connected to the Island football community. It would be good to see at least one or two more Islanders on the team if not more.

10 minutes ago, ted said:

I think my dream scenario would be adding one or two Island-based owners to the group who are also connected to the Island football community. It would be good to see at least one or two more Islanders on the team if not more.

I think this sort of ownership group would be great. Better than anything we’ve had to this point. Caring about the community would be great

So is this like a pump and dump strategy by these guys? Get Pacific up and running for cheap, sell the team. Get Fraser Valley up and running, sell the team. Get Kelowna up and running, sell the team. It makes sense

I respect the hustle and its fine and all but I would suspect with this strategy the new owners would likely all be foreign owners likely already involved in Football. This kinda explains the Vancouver FC thing. If you're presenting to some guys in a boardroom in Germany or Spain I can see how Vancouver FC will create less questions than Fraser Valley or Pacific.

Maybe I'm way off but it kinda seems like the strategy here. Maybe a football startup is a better way of painting it

Edited by SpursFlu