Player Potential

Aird25

Personally I am high on Lowell Wright who plays striker for York United. He's a 2003 (18) and very big already. He has a cannon of a shot and finishes pretty well. He's also got some good footwork with the ball to get out of tight situations, although you don't really see him going on runs to take people on. Think more like an Osorio wiggling away from a defender to get a pass or shot off. He had 6 goals and 3 assists in 1,309 minutes this season according to transfermarkt.

I think that Diyeddine Abzi and Mo Farsi are two pretty similar players that I could project having a career in higher European ranks. Both are outside backs with connections to North Africa and a background in futsal. 

Farsi - 21, has already had a stint in Algeria. While Abzi, 23 has yet to play outside of Canada. Not sure that either will get to top tiers, but I'm pretty confident that given the importance of the Fullbacks and Wingers in the Herdman system, they can have some sort of future role for the CanMNT.

Think once we fully get past COVID second tier Scandinavia is the sort of level where top CanPL players are likely to be chasing more money over in Europe in the manner Ongaro and Zator tried last winter along with the USL Championship to a certain extent as Morey Doner is apparently doing. Don't think there will be too many that will be going higher than that any time soon.

13 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Think once we fully get past COVID second tier Scandinavia is the sort of level where top CanPL players are likely to be chasing more money over in Europe in the manner Ongaro and Zator tried last winter along with the USL Championship to a certain extent as Morey Doner is apparently doing. Don't think there will be too many that will be going higher than that any time soon.

Agree. Scandinavia leagues and big spending clubs in the USL are the most likely options. 

I've always been impressed with Hojabrpour and I think he's lifted he level again this season. I'm also surprised players like Ongaro and Campbell, who have scored more than anyone else in this league, don't get more of a shout, but I don't know if either of them would be as effective at a higher level

I'm interested to see how things go for Hojabrpour over the next couple years. He plays a simple game so I think that's why he's not turning a lot of heads but there's certainly value in a holding mid that is tidy both in and out of possession. As he gets more minutes he'll only get more consistent. This was a good year for him as he had a chance to go up against better attackers (Gauld, Pozuelo) and I imagine he'll be starting in next week's final. 

• 2 weeks later...