2022 Concacaf Champions League

4 hours ago, narduch said:

So Cavaly couldn't get visas and had to back out.

New England advance to the next stage with out playing 

That makes 5 straight years (ever since they got rid of the group stage) that the Caribbean team failed to get a win or a draw. In fact, in those 5 years the Caribbean teams have only scored 2 goals. And they get an automatic spot right in the CCL without having to go through CONCACAF League.

Even so, it's disappointing they didn't even get a chance to play.

7 hours ago, Kent said:

That makes 5 straight years (ever since they got rid of the group stage) that the Caribbean team failed to get a win or a draw. In fact, in those 5 years the Caribbean teams have only scored 2 goals. And they get an automatic spot right in the CCL without having to go through CONCACAF League.

Even so, it's disappointing they didn't even get a chance to play.

In the new format starting in 2024 the Caribbean will get 3 full spots out of 24 teams. 2 teams will start in Round 1 and 1 team in the Round of 16.

I'm ok with that though. The other regions have more than enough spots as is.

Sorry for MAK, but I like the Communicaciones vs Colorado result. I want a Canadian team to win CCL before an American team does, and I'm also not against Central American teams doing decent in CCL to make it more competitive. So last night I like 2 results, didn't like the other 2 results. Hoping for Forge and Motagua to pull off some upsets tonight!

16 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

American clubs (DC United & LA Galaxy) have already won the competition twice back in 1998 and 2000 FWIW. All that happened in 2008 was a rebranding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CONCACAF_Champions_League

Was completely indifferent on who would win the game but Motagua's defending looks completely inept in the youtube highlights.

It wasn't just a rebranding. When DC United and LA Galaxy won they didn't have to leave the USA.

• 2 weeks later...