Match Thread: November 7, 2021 - HFX Wanderers v Atletico Ottawa

narduch

We have been decent against Ottawa this year so I'm confident of a victory despite the last two games being absolutely dreadful.

The combination of not playing for two weeks, no playoff prospects, and facing a packed Wanderers Grounds will work against the red and white so I'm going with a 2-1 win for the home side leaving it all down to Tuesday night.

Either way we still need to be much better next year or Hart should be sent packing.

Edited by Terry_Canuck

and once again the give up the lead...baskett cant catch or put away a simple shot and puts it right on arnone who puts it in...then arnone is sent off right after the goal apparently for kicking the corner flag...now hfx has to score and win it...if they dont hart should be gone

Disappointing ending.  We lost all of our momentum when we scored.

Random observations:

- Most people around me didn’t know that the Wanderers needed to win and we’re asking if there was going to be overtime.

- The Kitchen is a huge part of the atmosphere as the rest of the place is generally just happy to be outside with their family.

- The location is perfect, I think we’d have less fans if there was a new stadium outside the city.

- I was stopped and asked what the score was by several people after I left the Wanderers Grounds (thanks to my scarf), which was nice to see.

- I saw a bunch of kids in Wanderers gear kicking a ball around a field beside their building.

It feels likes we’ve definitely got something special going on whether half the people know what’s going on or not haha.

If you’re reading this and you’re in the supporters group a HUGE THANK YOU for all you do.

Edited by Lurker