Match Thread: October 30, 2021 - Forge v HFX Wanderers

narduch

7 hours ago, Terry_Canuck said:

Needless to say a must win next week and hope for two York defeats against Forge which is possible.

A Valour win would put them level with Halifax on 37 points and they would get in I believe?  I forget the tie-breaker.

Think this is still applicable:

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

A bit late to this, but really felt like Doner was the only effective player for HFX (especially in the first half). 

You could tell Navarro wanted the hattrick badly, but he was still making some selfless plays after his brace. The Castello goal was really heartwarming, especially as he ran over to 118 afterwards.

I'm with @gator, would've liked a little more rotation out of Forge. Hopefully the boys are still sharp for tomorrow.

So after seeing that list of scenario regarding ties that leaves the Wanderers needing a win, two York defeats, and a Valour defeat.  Things are looking pretty grim but not surprising since most of the offence has come from one player and the goalkeeping has been a bit disappointing with Oxner out in favour of Baskett.

I also wonder if the rumblings will increase for a change of manager.

I'm the same way. I love Hart I think he is a wonderful person and its hard not to really like him. However the results just are not there. After finishing last in scoring in season one he was unable to secure the offensive players to correct the situation as it looks like we are going to finish last in scoring this year as well. 

I could be possibly persuaded to give him one more year due to a slew of injuries. However I would say that would be max if we are not scoring and near top of table next year he would have to go in my books.