Match Thread: October 26, 2021 - Pacific v Edmonton

• narduch changed the title to Match Thread: October 26, 2021 - Pacific v Edmonton

Pacific looked electrifying, really did. Right winger was direct, powerful and caused Edmonton all sorts of problems. I couldn't get over Edmonton's defending, it was woeful. Pacific's second goal is one of those where I would have gone mental at the player for losing his man. There was nowhere for the goalscorer to go but in front of his man, coming across the face, from the back post unchallenged is unforgivable. What surprised me is that Edmonton looked beat even before that, like they expected to concede again in that moment and I didn't see any player tear into the big man that didn't do his job. 

Pacific certainly strengthened their position at the top of the table and now it will be up to Cavalry and Forge to win their games to keep pace. What a league!! I love it!

On 11/1/2021 at 5:22 PM, ted said:

This comment didn't age well. Thanks York. :P

When I wrote the article about Forge I did predict this happening. I am surprised it hasn't come down to the 3 games against Cavalry but Forge look so strong, good win against Santos too. I have come to the conclusion maybe Pacific have taken their foot off the gas to focus on the playoffs- any ideas?

On 11/6/2021 at 1:20 AM, Jamal said:

When I wrote the article about Forge I did predict this happening. I am surprised it hasn't come down to the 3 games against Cavalry but Forge look so strong, good win against Santos too. I have come to the conclusion maybe Pacific have taken their foot off the gas to focus on the playoffs- any ideas?

In reality our league position for much of the last half of the season flattered us. With three games in hand and our inability to beat bottom half teams to pad the lead meant that Forge was always gonna close the gap. Our defence simply needs to be better