Match Thread: October 26, 2021 - Valour v HFX Wanderers

narduch

36 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Looks like the Wanderers are going on the offensive with Marshall, Salter and Garcia all starting… hopefully we can get some goals tonight. 

I might even settle for one at this juncture. 4 matches and all we have to show is one goal which was an own goal. This is a chance for someone to really breakthrough and take this season by the horns.

Wanderers looking a bit heavy legged last night.  Had their chances too, I feel like the score line really flattered Valour but never doubted the result if you get my meaning.

Winning home matches playing fun football is going to help next year's gate, that's for sure.  Bit surprised with the crowd last night, entirely because I had such low expectations but the weather was decent so maybe that helped.  Would say around 2K?  Far from great but I was expecting a disaster.

We're not dead yet!  On to the next must-win.

You need almost 30% of the seats filled in the active sections for 2k. Think that's on the high side from what you can see in the clips but it probably wasn't three figure FCE sort of numbers going the other way, especially once the probable season ticket no shows are factored in.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

I'm kind of surprised Valour haven't dropped into FCE territory, attendance-wise. Over three years, they've had 7 non-bubble home wins. Eddies also have 7 over the same period, with two home matches remaining.

On the bright side, the season seat holders in Winnipeg will have ended 2021 watching two 3-goal home wins. 

Edited by jonovision