Edmonton Nov 11th meetup - We need to hear from you

rob.notenboom

15 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

Apologies if I’m pinging you and you’ve already replied or have said you’re going to be in at a time that means you can’t attend. But I went through the ‘travelling to Edmonton’ thread and I thought I’d better make sure you all saw this. 

See the first post in the thread. 

@Razcal@Tyson M

@EJsens1 @Shway @Ed_S @aslemko @Wayverider @Markoaleks @The Beaver 2.0 @umpiredice @Obinna @frmr @CanadasBest @Norton @Vancouver Fan @Beaut @Bikerack @David Pinto @Modax @BrennanFan @trueviking @El Hombre @smeghead

Our group will be there the morning of the 12th. Keen to meet up for pre-game, and post-game after we crush the Ticos. 

2 hours ago, johnyb said:

John from Winnipeg. Brought 6 to Toronto, looks like that number has doubled to 12 for Edmonton. Unfortunately bringing my kids on this one might effect my ability to meet up. Would like to stay in the loop though just in case.

We will post everything here for sure. 

Safe travels. 😁👍

6 minutes ago, Ed_S said:

I'm not totally sure of travel plans from Calgary yet but have tickets for both games. Will likely only have time to see some old familiar faces at pre-game, half-time as I will be with 2 long-time friends who are non-Voyageurs.

Plus I have gone back to my hippie roots so will be unrecognizable to many lol. 

Edited by Ed_S

I am flying in from Toronto Friday morning so will be interested in the game day meetup, when that is announced.

Wondering if there is any establishment closer to the stadium (or downtown) that would be interesting in hosting a revolving group of Voyageurs from the Thursday  to Wednesday? might drive some additional traffic and allow for a common place to meet-up throughout the week.

1 hour ago, Razcle said:

I am flying in from Toronto Friday morning so will be interested in the game day meetup, when that is announced.

Wondering if there is any establishment closer to the stadium (or downtown) that would be interesting in hosting a revolving group of Voyageurs from the Thursday  to Wednesday? might drive some additional traffic and allow for a common place to meet-up throughout the week.

My understanding is that there really is nothing around the stadium except for a cement factory.  We are working on a calendar of events for the Thursday-Tuesday but still need to finalize a few things before they can be announced.  The challenge will be venue sizes as there are likely to be more of us than any single venue can handle.

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

My understanding is that there really is nothing around the stadium except for a cement factory.  We are working on a calendar of events for the Thursday-Tuesday but still need to finalize a few things before they can be announced.  The challenge will be venue sizes as there are likely to be more of us than any single venue can handle.

Understood that the stadium is a bit away from downtown and happy to hear a calendar of events are being planned. That should be fun to party with everyone again.  

I was more wondering if a single establishment wanted to come forward and be a base  where CanMNT supporters could gather at any time throughout the week and have expectations of meeting up with others. This could come out of the woodwork during the event planning. It just would help us non-Edmontonians to have a welcoming place to go between the matches

There are some folks on the ground in Edmonton that have recommended a location which we are working with.  We are looking to do a meet and greet on the 11th and something else on the 15th.  The thing is that the Oilers are all important in the city and they need to also cater to their regulars.  But we will let people know in the next week or so.

29 minutes ago, Wayverider said:

Hey Rob, thanks for organizing this.

I’m Derek from Sarnia, Ont. Definitely in for a meet-up on the 11th. I’ll be solo.

My son and two friends are arriving from the other direction (BC) on the morning of the 12th, so there would 4 of us for pre and post game.

Excellent. Thanks Derek. I’ll add you to the list and see you there. 😁👍

On 10/24/2021 at 4:51 PM, rob.notenboom said:

Apologies if I’m pinging you and you’ve already replied or have said you’re going to be in at a time that means you can’t attend. But I went through the ‘travelling to Edmonton’ thread and I thought I’d better make sure you all saw this. 

See the first post in the thread. 

@Razcal@Tyson M

@EJsens1 @Shway @Ed_S @aslemko @Wayverider @Markoaleks @The Beaver 2.0 @umpiredice @Obinna @frmr @CanadasBest @Norton @Vancouver Fan @Beaut @Bikerack @David Pinto @Modax @BrennanFan @trueviking @El Hombre @smeghead

Umpiredice (Mark) here.  I couldn't get the day off work and won't be attending.