Edmonton Nov 11th meetup - We need to hear from you

Hey folks:

If you are travelling to Edmonton (or are local) and are interested in a meetup at a local pub on Nov 11th at 8:30, I need to hear from you. We need to gauge numbers. 

Please post your name and where you’re from below (or DM me if you prefer).

We will likely have scarves for sale and may try to arrange to re-watch the Panama game. But we were hoping to have a fairly low-key landing spot where everyone can gather and connect. 

If you are the ‘key person’ in your travelling squad, please indicate the number who you speak for and could potentially bring to this event. 

Pub?

Can't speak for the rest of the group but the wee elf & I are in.  

Are you posting this on FB?  Our group is at 9 so far but think I'm the only one on this site.  Ask around regardless but don't want to inflate attendance.   Just 'cause. 

14 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Pub?

Can't speak for the rest of the group but the wee elf & I are in.  

Are you posting this on FB?  Our group is at 9 so far but think I'm the only one on this site.  Ask around regardless but don't want to inflate attendance.   Just 'cause. 

I did post on Facebook, but sometimes that doesn’t reach everyone. 

I will add you two, but if you know of others who will join for sure (or likely) just let

me know. 

Flying in late on the 11th with my wonderful son - staying at the airport area that night - then renting car on the 12th and going downtown 

so punting on the 11th for anything V related but wide open for the 12 pre/post game and also anything the 13 for Forge V FC Ed 

Apologies if I’m pinging you and you’ve already replied or have said you’re going to be in at a time that means you can’t attend. But I went through the ‘travelling to Edmonton’ thread and I thought I’d better make sure you all saw this. 

See the first post in the thread. 

@Razcal@Tyson M

@EJsens1 @Shway @Ed_S @aslemko @Wayverider @Markoaleks @The Beaver 2.0 @umpiredice @Obinna @frmr @CanadasBest @Norton @Vancouver Fan @Beaut @Bikerack @David Pinto @Modax @BrennanFan @trueviking @El Hombre @smeghead

@rob.notenboomAhh shucks, I’m flying into Edmonton at 10:00am on game day with my big little brother 😁

If there’s anything pregame, we’ll be there. We are staying at the holiday inn, where I think a lot of guys will be!…(is there a shuttle being planned lol)

Oh yea and I definitely want a scarf, I’ll confirm with my bro. 

2 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

Apologies if I’m pinging you and you’ve already replied or have said you’re going to be in at a time that means you can’t attend. But I went through the ‘travelling to Edmonton’ thread and I thought I’d better make sure you all saw this. 

@Razcal@Tyson M

@EJsens1 @Shway @Ed_S @aslemko @Wayverider @Markoaleks @The Beaver 2.0 @umpiredice @Obinna @frmr @CanadasBest @Norton @Vancouver Fan @Beaut @Bikerack @David Pinto @Modax @BrennanFan @trueviking @El Hombre @smeghead

Most likely flying in on the 12th.

5 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

@Razcal@Tyson M

I had flights and room booked for both games, but a family emergency has wiped it all out.  I just can't be out of town that week now, and I had to cancel my reservations. 

I've now got WestJet bucks for going to Vancouver in January, though!  (Yes, I'm trying really hard to find a bright side and that's the best I've come up with).

8 hours ago, Norton said:

I had flights and room booked for both games, but a family emergency has wiped it all out.  I just can't be out of town that week now, and I had to cancel my reservations. 

I've now got WestJet bucks for going to Vancouver in January, though!  (Yes, I'm trying really hard to find a bright side and that's the best I've come up with).

Very unfortunate and sad to hear. I hope everyone is okay and you’re back to normal soon.